Before cordless and corded drills . . .

Old January 6th 11, 02:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Before cordless and corded drills . . .

Your local bike shop undoubtedly has one of these babies:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ll0kuf.jpg

Handlebar moustache and straw skimmer not included.

***

Actually, an electric hand drill appeared in 1895 in Germany:
http://i53.tinypic.com/312iby8.jpg

Timeline of tools that you wish you had, including the 1885 portable
telephone, whose photo is missing:
http://www.fein.ca/Achievements/index.htm#drill

That portable telephone wasn't exactly a cellphone:
http://i53.tinypic.com/11mgwu8.jpg

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old January 6th 11, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jan 5, 8:23*pm, wrote:
Your local bike shop undoubtedly has one of these babies:
*http://i52.tinypic.com/2ll0kuf.jpg

Handlebar moustache and straw skimmer not included.

***

Actually, an electric hand drill appeared in 1895 in Germany:
*http://i53.tinypic.com/312iby8.jpg

Timeline of tools that you wish you had, including the 1885 portable
telephone, whose photo is missing:
*http://www.fein.ca/Achievements/index.htm#drill

That portable telephone wasn't exactly a cellphone:
*http://i53.tinypic.com/11mgwu8.jpg

It would be fun to have a central engine in my kitchen with leather
belts powering all the appliances. Who needs ten fingers?
Old January 6th 11, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 01/05/2011 11:51 PM, landotter wrote:
On Jan 5, 8:23 pm, wrote:
Your local bike shop undoubtedly has one of these babies:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2ll0kuf.jpg

Handlebar moustache and straw skimmer not included.

***

Actually, an electric hand drill appeared in 1895 in Germany:
http://i53.tinypic.com/312iby8.jpg

Timeline of tools that you wish you had, including the 1885 portable
telephone, whose photo is missing:
http://www.fein.ca/Achievements/index.htm#drill

That portable telephone wasn't exactly a cellphone:
http://i53.tinypic.com/11mgwu8.jpg

It would be fun to have a central engine in my kitchen with leather
belts powering all the appliances. Who needs ten fingers?

I still have a brace and a set of bits for it. Handy for running
electrical wires.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old January 7th 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 18:28:16 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I still have a brace and a set of bits for it. Handy for running
electrical wires.

I keep a hand-cranked drill in my sewing kit for winding thread onto
spools and bobbins.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Riding drills that might make learning easier psbagumba Unicycling 3 January 27th 08 07:36 PM
Cateye Cordless 2 Rusty Spokes UK 2 April 14th 06 06:13 PM
cordless computer - sleeper? C.J.Patten UK 1 May 30th 05 06:10 PM
Cordless cateye ? Tumbleweed UK 4 May 19th 04 11:30 PM
Cateye Cordless 2 Per Elmsäter Techniques 13 January 22nd 04 12:47 PM