Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Full Bicycle Blueprint Drawing?

Old September 21st 04, 11:18 PM
Neoinventor

Default Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Full Bicycle Blueprint Drawing?

I'm looking for a full shop drawing for a bicycle - of course what they would
give the welding and / or machine shop to build a bicycle from scratch.
I checked the I.H.P.V. website and they only have outline drawings.
I do a lot of work with human powered vehicles and I can't believe - err, yes I
do believe I do have - that this is a difficult entity to find.
I'm thinking of inventing / designing a new high capacity bicycle trailer - as
far as I know there are none capable of pulling 150 pounds or so - am I
correct??

Thanks In Advance,
Rob McCarthy
Hicksville, New York

Old September 22nd 04, 02:22 AM
Luigi de Guzman

Neoinventor wrote:

I'm looking for a full shop drawing for a bicycle - of course what they
would give the welding and / or machine shop to build a bicycle from
scratch. I checked the I.H.P.V. website and they only have outline
drawings. I do a lot of work with human powered vehicles and I can't
believe - err, yes I do believe I do have - that this is a difficult
entity to find. I'm thinking of inventing / designing a new high capacity
bicycle trailer - as far as I know there are none capable of pulling 150
pounds or so - am I correct??

There are working cargo bicycles presently in service which carry loads well
in excess of what you're talking about. Bicycle rickshaws all over the
world carry passengers and luggage equalling or exceeding your proposed
load. This sounds an awful lot like reinventing the wheel.

(These are, by the way, extremely low-tech machines, made from materials and
methods that first-world bikies would be ashamed even to be associated
with. They do the job just fine, however.)

I will however say that this *bicyclist* is not capable of pulling 150
additional pounds for very long distances.

If you can come up with something neat, though, that would be cool. Mike
Burrow's 8 Freight http://www.bikefix.co.uk/8freight.html looks pretty
cool, & I think I saw the first few examples of this in service the last
time I was in London.

-Luigi

--
www.livejournal.com/users/ouij
Photos, Rants, Raves

Old September 22nd 04, 02:38 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:22:21 -0400, uz44d.32320$aW5.25549@fed1read07,
Luigi de Guzman wrote:

I will however say that this *bicyclist* is not capable of pulling 150
additional pounds for very long distances.

I'll bet you're able to pull double that load.

Interesting figures:
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-c...-capacity.html
--
zk
Old September 22nd 04, 02:45 AM
Mike Kruger

Luigi de Guzman wrote:

I will however say that this *bicyclist* is not capable of pulling 150
additional pounds for very long distances.

I'll bet you're able to pull double that load.

Interesting figures:
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-c...-capacity.html

"Give me a place to stand and a lever long enough and I will move the world"
Archimedes, 220 BC