HRM Choices

Old September 21st 04, 11:11 PM
M Powell

Default HRM Choices

I'm looking at the dizzying array of choices, but have narrowed it down to
Polar models A5 and M32 -- my local folks sell Polar & Timex, and I'm
committed to buying from them.

The A5 looks like it gives you enough info, but not too much. Fairly
friendly and reliable. Does it lack anything essential?

The M32 has a few more goodies, plus a more flexible (soft) transmitter.
But, are the extras truly valuable?

Would appreciate hearing from owners.

--M. Powell
remove 1st p for direct reply.

Old September 22nd 04, 04:16 AM
Bob Anderson

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:11:26 GMT, "M Powell" wrote:

The A5 looks like it gives you enough info, but not too much. Fairly
friendly and reliable. Does it lack anything essential?

I have the A3, works great. Average HR for the exercise session, time in the zone. That's
mainly what I need.

Would like to dump minute by minute data to the computer and graph it, but not now, maybe
someday I will spend that much.

---
"BitwiseBob" - Bob Anderson
Eugene Oregon
Old September 23rd 04, 03:52 PM
Glm

wrote:

The A5 looks like it gives you enough info, but not too much. Fairly
friendly and reliable. Does it lack anything essential?

The M32 has a few more goodies, plus a more flexible (soft) transmitter.
But, are the extras truly valuable?

Would appreciate hearing from owners.

--M. Powell
remove 1st p for direct reply.

The WearLink, which comes with the M32 (and in my case, the S725), is very
conmfortable. I don't really feel it around my chest at all, which is
good. Don't you want the other cycling features built in? I notice that
for the models you enumerated, 'Bike mount' is optional. Does this mean
that they won't provide the speed, cadence, distance, etc. features? Is
this important to you?

Glm