Update on incident - Papa John's CEO hit by item thrown from car

Old September 21st 04, 11:17 PM
Badger_South

Default Update on incident - Papa John's CEO hit by item thrown from car

If you didn't happen to spy the article in Bicycling magazine, they caught
the perp that threw the textbook from a car he was in and caused an
accident injuring cyclists John Schnatt, Papa John's CEO & Founder, and his
bike companion, National Time Trialing Champ Curtis Tolson.

Kevin Martlett of Lousiville, Kentucky admitted throwing a biology textbook
out the window of the Ford Explorer he was in, hitting the bikers. He was
charged with "assault and wanton endangerment".

Hope they, uh throw the book at this *******. boo, hiss

-B
(apologies for any spelling errors in the names of those involved)

Old September 23rd 04, 01:21 AM
Luigi de Guzman

Badger_South wrote:

If you didn't happen to spy the article in Bicycling magazine, they caught
the perp that threw the textbook from a car he was in and caused an
accident injuring cyclists John Schnatt, Papa John's CEO & Founder, and
his bike companion, National Time Trialing Champ Curtis Tolson.

Kevin Martlett of Lousiville, Kentucky admitted throwing a biology
textbook out the window of the Ford Explorer he was in, hitting the
bikers. He was charged with "assault and wanton endangerment".

Hope they, uh throw the book at this *******. boo, hiss

-B
(apologies for any spelling errors in the names of those involved)

So the lesson, kids, is that the law is only enforced for you if you are
rich. Less-fortunate cyclists who have crap thrown at them will just have
to deal with the indifference of local law enforcement, i guess.

-Luigi

--
www.livejournal.com/users/ouij
Photos, Rants, Raves

Old September 23rd 04, 01:24 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:17:17 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:

If you didn't happen to spy the article in Bicycling magazine,

What page and issue, if you still have it?

Thanks.
Old September 23rd 04, 02:06 AM
Jeff Williams

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
Badger_South wrote:

[...]

Not necessarily so. If some schmuck throws an empty soda can at me, the
only evidence tying him to the attack is, possibly, his fingerprints on
the can. If he throws a textbook at me, his name may well be in the
book (all my textbooks contain my name).

One example of justice happening in the case of a rich dude is
insufficient data to prove a trend.

Jeff
Old September 23rd 04, 02:18 AM
Badger_South

wrote:

If you didn't happen to spy the article in Bicycling magazine,

What page and issue, if you still have it?

Thanks.

No, I don't buy that magazine, which, as you know, is just full of yuppie
ads, but I have been know to scan it at B&N. ;-)

It's on an 'in the news' page close to the spine, very small colored panel.
I pretty much copied the entire article which I posted here, but I think it
just came out on the newstand. I didn't see the issue date, sorry.

HTH,

-B

Old September 23rd 04, 02:19 AM
Badger_South

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:21:46 -0400, Luigi de Guzman
wrote:

Badger_South wrote:

[...]

Well I wouldn't be surprised if they hired a PI and on the basis of what
was in the Bio book, found the perp. According to the article he 'admitted
throwing the book'. It didn't say why, uh as if...

-B

Old September 23rd 04, 09:47 PM

wrote:

If you didn't happen to spy the article in Bicycling magazine, they caught
the perp that threw the textbook from a car he was in and caused an
accident injuring cyclists John Schnatt, Papa John's CEO & Founder, and his
bike companion, National Time Trialing Champ Curtis Tolson.

Kevin Martlett of Lousiville, Kentucky admitted throwing a biology textbook
out the window of the Ford Explorer he was in, hitting the bikers. He was
charged with "assault and wanton endangerment".

Hope they, uh throw the book at this *******. boo, hiss

-B
(apologies for any spelling errors in the names of those involved)

Sounds like a textbook case to me.
Old September 24th 04, 12:05 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:18:13 -0400, Badger_South
wrote:

No, I don't buy that magazine, which, as you know, is just full of yuppie

It's on an 'in the news' page close to the spine, very small colored panel.

Oh. Well, I still subscribe (multi-year subscription, it goes on the
reading rack of the AirDyne in the winter) so it's probably in my
stack of stuff to read when the weather sucks.

But if it's in one of those stupid colored panels -- you know, blue
ink, purple backgrund -- it won't get read because I'm getting too old
to see the type in those.