Cyclist recounts horrific assault, with car occupants spitting andthrowing coins before pushing her partner off his bike

Old July 13th 20, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cyclist recounts horrific assault, with car occupants spitting andthrowing coins before pushing her partner off his bike

More nasty drivers reported.
QUOTE:
Tekkerz CC club cyclist Honor Elliott claims the assault took place just 30 minutes into a ride with her partner Theo, with his injuries show in the photo above after a car passenger pushed him off his bike. Ms Elliott continued:

"We hadn’t said a word the entire time. they initially shouted something at us while overtaking (presumably for being 2 abreast). Theo did a polite wave. They stopped ahead on a jct waiting for us to come past but we turned off before their car to ignore. they turned & followed,

"...started throwing coins & spitting. When they continued to get no response from us whatsoever, passenger leaned out & pushed Theo, who thankfully has enough bike tekkerz to unclip & not end up under the car, went into the wall instead. Then they got out the car & threatened to take theo aside for a fight lol, but thankfully an oncoming car appeared, they started filming & said they’d be witnesses. The two guys then abruptly changed tune and decided to leave it at that, hah. Absolute man babies.

"I’ve always firmly believed a cyclist’s retaliation to hostility/violence from motorists is completely irrelevant anyway (stop expecting people to react rationally to potential threats to life), but **** like this really proves my point. these people are crazy regardless." (CAR OCCUPANTS, EH?)

Ms Elliott has said she will report the assault.

https://road.cc/content/news/cycling...ly-2020-275389