Prayer request

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31st 20, 05:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Prayer request

It grieves me about all the violence occurring as the result of many police
activities resulting in the deaths of people in the U.S.

Killing of innocent people by police is evil.

Great though they may be, God actively restrains the test and temptations that come our way so that we will not experience anything greater than we can bear.
(see 1 Corinthians 10:13)

Fatal car and airplane accidents bring awful devastation, but statistically these are rare. On January 15, 2009, what should have brought certain death to passengers aboard Flight 1549, and catastrophe to Manhattan, turned into what secular reporters labeled a "miracle". The pilot, Chesley Sullenbeger, safely landed a crippled plane in New York's Hudson river, with no serious injuries.

While chunks of ice and busy ferries filled most of the river, the place where the plane came down remained clear of both ice and boats. It landed without breaking apart.

Ferryboat captains rescued all 155 people from the frigid river within minutes.

The New York Times suggested "more than luck" brought brought the plane down
mere minutes from experts trained in water rescues. Passengers who said they hadn't believed in God nevertheless prayed to him on the plane, then publicly thanked him for sparing their lives.

I tell this story to raise a question. Is it not likely that a kind and all powerful God routinely prevents terrible tragedies in ways that we do not see and therefore do not credit as miracles?

While the miracle of Flight 1549 appears to be the exception, not the rule, we cannot know about the most of the equally miraculous interventions of God that
may have invisibly prevented other tragedies. Perhaps one day we'll hear those stories and marvel at how God intervened when we imagined him uninvolved in our world.

I ask that you pray that people will realize that their Creator loves them.

Thanks,
Andy

A Dog's Prayer Simon Jester UK 0 September 20th 19 09:58 PM
Nativity Prayer of St. Augustine Claire Towny UK 4 December 25th 09 08:25 PM
Chalkbot is as worthless as prayer. Anton Berlin Racing 3 July 8th 09 09:25 PM
A short prayer.... Callistus Valerius Racing 8 June 12th 07 02:46 PM
The Cyclists Prayer Mark Johnson UK 3 March 9th 05 07:24 PM