Cheap HRM Availability

Old January 24th 04, 07:32 PM
John Everett

Default Cheap HRM Availability

Many years ago I equipped one of my first bikes with a Vetta HR1000.
These early units developed a terrible reputation, not only because
the transmitter straps leaked sweat but because a firmware glitch
caused the heads to "lock up" occasionally.

Vetta got their supplier to improve the transmitter seals, but the die
was cast and they eventually replaced the HR1000 with (IIRC) the HR50.

I figured out how to prevent the locking up problem; and with improved
transmitters (and other brands transmitters that were compatible) I
eventually equipped three of my bikes with HR1000s. A couple of these
have been working for over ten years.

Then several years ago SuperGo introduced their HRM1000, a rebadged
HR1000. The only difference, the colors of the buttons changed. Best
part, they sold these as cheap as $29.95(US). I now have these on two
of my bikes.

Last summer I noticed that the HRM1000 had disappeared from the
SuperGo web site/catalog. An inquiry got this response, "Thanks for
your question. It has been removed from our site because it has been
discontinued ,we can no longer get this model from our supplier in
Taiwan(same co. as Vetta got their's from) We are selling the HRM2000
model only."

Does anyone (particularly anyone in the industry) know if anyone else
is now OEMing these HRMs? It would be a shame if these really cost
efffective (and pretty bullet-proof) units were no longer available
anywhere.

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3
Old January 25th 04, 01:37 PM
Cipher

Like every other product produced and sold in America, they decided to
'upgrade' and 're-design' the original model making it obsolete so they
can sell the new one for more $$$...

Old January 27th 04, 07:21 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article ,
says...

Like every other product produced and sold in America, they decided to
'upgrade' and 're-design' the original model making it obsolete so they
can sell the new one for more $$$...

Check out
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=118702 . I would go
sooner rather than later because at that price they will probably sell
out quickly.
---------
Alex

Old January 27th 04, 11:07 PM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:21:31 -0500, Alex Rodriguez
wrote:
Check out http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=118702 . I would go
sooner rather than later because at that price they will probably sell
out quickly.

Indeed. They're all gone now. I think your post was four hours
ago...

Drat, that was cheap, too.
--
Rick Onanian