Trek Madone 6.9

Old May 10th 20, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Trek Madone 6.9

While I could have gotten a 6.2 to go with my Emonda, I selected the 6.9 pretty much sight unseen. This turned out to be a bad idea. The 6.2 could be set-up with Di2, the 6.9 was nearly impossible and would requite what I think of as dangerous modifications to do so.

Then looking at my Colnago I noticed that it had the proper holes in the proper places to make an internal Di2 setup.

So I bought a manual Dura Ace group to put on the 6.9 and I will install the Di2 on the Colnago.

I have a couple of bikes to sell yet to give me more room in the garage so the Madone is in my computer room at the moment waiting for some things to come in - the bearing presses so that I can install the new BB90 bearings and dust covers.

The trouble my shop guy had with the installation of the Ultegra crank into the BB90 of Emonda, I will likely have with the Madone. If so that will plainly show the intelligence Trek has of converting to the T47 bottom bracket with a metal cross-piece and screw in bearings rather than this difficult to control press in bearings that only save about one ounce.

Presently it is almost 10:00 and it is cloudy and cold outside and I'm trying to work up the courage to take a short FTP ride since tomorrow and Tuesday will probably have rain. I have the Lemond and the Redline still ridable.. Last night I ordered new tires for the Lemond (28 mm) and if they work well I'll put the same thing into the Colnago since I think that the ride is too hard with my present weight and 25 mm tires at 90 psi. If I put less air in them they feel like they are bottoming out on the pot holes.

The Colnago CLX 3.0 appears as if I might have some problems with an internal battery mount. The stuff that came with the battery certainly won't work though perhaps the Trek rubber plug may. And there are other mounts available from 2nd sources that I will look at. The seat post is aero shaped so I won't be able to tell until I pull it apart to install the Di2. Here's looking at you babe.
Old May 11th 20, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 9:57:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

The speed with which the USPS operates today is so slow that I can't believe it. Imagine that it has taken two days to get a package from Oakland to here and it is still not arriving today! That is 25 miles at the very most!
Old May 11th 20, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/11/2020 4:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

Life is rough, all right.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 12th 20, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 11 May 2020 18:57:03 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 5/11/2020 4:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

I have heard that Trek now builds (has built?) all their bicycles in
China and as the Orange One has now decreed that American companies
shall not exist in China isn't it un-patriotic to have a Trek bike?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 12th 20, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

On 5/11/2020 4:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

Suits me fine but you should try mentioning country of
origin to Trek owners. They will look right at the label on
their own bike when it's pointed out and dispute the fact.

Not only Trek BTW. The most American-content automobile is
a Toyota. No one believes that either even though it's true.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 12th 20, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 5/11/2020 5:39 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Not only Trek BTW.Â* The most American-content automobile is a Toyota. No
one believes that either even though it's true.

It's not true. In fact Toyota doesn't even have any vehicles in the top
10.
https://static.carsdn.co/cldstatic/wp-content/uploads/AMI19_rank-chart.jpg

Old May 12th 20, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/11/2020 8:07 PM, sms wrote:
On 5/11/2020 5:39 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Not only Trek BTW. The most American-content automobile
is a Toyota. No one believes that either even though it's
true.

It's not true. In fact Toyota doesn't even have any vehicles
in the top 10.
https://static.carsdn.co/cldstatic/wp-content/uploads/AMI19_rank-chart.jpg

Thank you. My, that's changed a lot the past few years.
Underlying data he

https://www.american.edu/kogod/resea...auto-index.cfm

Old May 12th 20, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

On 5/11/2020 4:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

Will they? I was sure that I read, right here, that Trek now makes all
their bicycles in China. The Wiki, for whatever that is worth, says
that 1% of TREK bikes are made in the U.S.

Not only Trek BTW. The most American-content automobile is
a Toyota. No one believes that either even though it's true.

I think that may have changed or was different in 2019, see
https://tinyurl.com/y6reays3
and
https://tinyurl.com/ya3eg966
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 12th 20, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 11 May 2020 20:22:09 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 5/11/2020 8:07 PM, sms wrote:
On 5/11/2020 5:39 PM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Not only Trek BTW. The most American-content automobile
is a Toyota. No one believes that either even though it's
true.

It's not true. In fact Toyota doesn't even have any vehicles
in the top 10.
https://static.carsdn.co/cldstatic/wp-content/uploads/AMI19_rank-chart.jpg

Thank you. My, that's changed a lot the past few years.
Underlying data he

https://www.american.edu/kogod/resea...auto-index.cfm

But, in essence, it is probably immaterial unless the answer to the
question, "Can the U.S. go it without any imports" is yes.
And, as the recent trade war has demonstrated certain U.S. industries
apparently depend on exports. Agricultural products for example, some
$131 billion worth.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old May 12th 20, 08:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 11 May 2020 19:39:15 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Not only Trek BTW. The most American-content automobile is a Toyota. No
one believes that either even though it's true.

Are the components made there or just the final product assembled there?

WTB: Trek Madone 52 cm Mike Bricker Marketplace 0 May 13th 07 08:56 PM
trek madone wanted to buy Mike Bricker Marketplace 0 May 13th 07 08:52 PM
TREK Madone 5.5 - Best Buy ?? Dogfighting Racing 4 August 16th 06 06:17 AM
Trek Madone doki UK 0 May 25th 05 09:55 PM
Trek Madone 5.9 or 5.9 SL Andrew Martin Techniques 54 October 4th 04 02:50 AM