Availability of publications

Old January 20th 04, 08:19 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Availability of publications

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops and / or
filling stations you frequent?

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

Your votes please.

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Old January 20th 04, 08:43 PM
[Not Responding]

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:19:12 -0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops and / or
filling stations you frequent?

Last time I saw the HC it was on sale in a hospital shop. Which was
appropriate!

If by 'filling stations' (sorry but creeping Americanisms are a pet
hate) you mean petrol stations, I'm afraid I don't frequent them that
often. Don't see why I should volunteer to pay more tax.

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

If that's the HMSO book, I have it and rate it highly.

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

Never heard of it. Well, until today in another thread that is.

Old January 20th 04, 08:55 PM
MSeries

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops
and / or filling stations you frequent?

Notice neither.

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft,
the "official" advanced cycling manual?

Heard of it on here, never seen copy though

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

Not me

Your votes please.

Old January 20th 04, 09:12 PM
Richard Bates

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:19:12 -0000, in
, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops and / or
filling stations you frequent?

Bike shop - Never looked (My local "bike shop" is a Halfords)
Filling station - Never looked (always pay by credit card at the pump)

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

Know of it. Had it recommended several times. Never read it. Amazon
failed to get it for me last year (out of stock). The Stationery
Office were also out of stock and still hold an open order from me.

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

Know of it. Read it. Bought it from WHSmith.

--
I remember when the internet was only in black & white.
It only had a few pages but at least they all worked.
Old January 20th 04, 09:13 PM
Zog The Undeniable

I refuse to cross-post and feed the trolls.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops
and / or filling stations you frequent?

Neither.

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft,
the "official" advanced cycling manual?

Heard of it, never read it. I do have a Cycling Proficiency certificate ;-)

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

I thought the DoT manual was "Driving". Has it been renamed?

Old January 20th 04, 09:26 PM
Leyland_Leopard

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops and /

or
filling stations you frequent?

Have seen HC on sale in petrol stations, from time to time

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

Never heard of it

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

I have it (somewhere) and have read it, and try to drive in accordance with
what it says (having first read it before taking my IAM car test)

Your votes please.

--
Guy
===

http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Old January 20th 04, 09:31 PM
Richard Bates

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:12:07 +0000, in
, Richard Bates

wrote:
Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

Know of it. Had it recommended several times. Never read it. Amazon
failed to get it for me last year (out of stock). The Stationery
Office were also out of stock and still hold an open order from me.

A quick google suggests that I first heard of the title in 1999. As I
say, I have not yet read it, but some of the points made in it have
been repeated on URC many times. I am still waiting for my copy to
arrive.

Old January 20th 04, 09:39 PM
bikingbill

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the

I re-read the Highway Code* a couple of years ago. I've never heard of
either the other two and I am both cyclist and motorist.

* This is true but I confess to ulterior motive. I abhor the habit many
motorists have of parking on the pavement and wanted to check what the
Highway Code says about it. And cars should not be on the pavement.

Bill

--
Cyclists are always well-balanced.
Old January 20th 04, 09:45 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have seen copies of *both* the
Highway Code *and* either Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at the bike shops and / or
filling stations you frequent?

See HC at filling stations
See HC & Cyclecraft at some bike shops
Never seen Cyclecraft or Roadcraft at filling stations.

Cyclists: how many of you are aware of the existence of Cyclecraft, the
"official" advanced cycling manual?

Have got it.

Drivers: how many of you are aware of the existence of Roadcraft, the
"official" advanced driving manual?

Yes, if that's the police driving training one. But I don't own a copy.

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune