The Cyclists Prayer

Old March 9th 05, 11:58 AM
Mark Johnson

Default The Cyclists Prayer

Hi does any one have a copy of the cyclists prayer I can us for a
funeral on Friday? Some of you make have known David Stewart-Clerk who
ran a bike shop in Acton in the 80's and 90's before moving to Hereford
in 1997 where he ran his bike book business and bike shop until
recently. He died 1st March from cancer. His funeral will be at Hereford
Crematorium Chapel on Friday March 11th at 10.00 a.m.
Thanks
Mark Johnson Vicar adn cyclist
Old March 9th 05, 02:15 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Mark Johnson typed

Hi does any one have a copy of the cyclists prayer I can us for a
funeral on Friday? Some of you make have known David Stewart-Clerk who
ran a bike shop in Acton in the 80's and 90's before moving to Hereford
in 1997 where he ran his bike book business and bike shop until
recently. He died 1st March from cancer. His funeral will be at Hereford
Crematorium Chapel on Friday March 11th at 10.00 a.m.
Thanks
Mark Johnson Vicar adn cyclist

I am really, really sorry to hear of David's death.

I popped into his shop fairly frequently between 1993 and 1995 as I
commuted between Hillingdon Hospital and Golders Green, went Audaxing at
weekends and entered the DATC.

I think I have the prayer somewhere and will have a look...

This is the prayer from the York Rally Minster service in 2001. It might
need some adaptation.

As we offer to you our times of relaxation, we pray for cyclists
everywhere and ask for you blessing on the CTC and on those responsible
for its organisation.

All: Lord, hear our prayer.

We ask for your blessing on all our outings and journeys;we pray for
safety on our roads and a deep sense of responsibility on the part of
all who use them.

All: Lord, hear our prayer.

We thank you for our health, our happiness and leisuretime, and pray
that we may use that time without anxiety and commit every part of our
lives to You, Giver of all.

All: Lord, hear our prayer.

We pray for peace throughout the world we pray for the people of
nationswho are in conflict. Help us to know your peace in our hearts and
our homes that we may takethe peace of Christ with us wherever we go.

All: Lord, hear our prayer.

All say together THE LORD'S PRAYER

Finally, we pray for ouselves as we enjoy this Rally together and ask
you to grant us a safe return to our homes, refreshed in mind, body and
spirit and with happy memories of this time of fellowship.

All: Lord, hear our prayer.

Hope this helps.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 9th 05, 04:16 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Mark Johnson typed

Hi does any one have a copy of the cyclists prayer I can us for a
funeral on Friday? Some of you make have known David Stewart-Clerk who
ran a bike shop in Acton in the 80's and 90's before moving to Hereford
in 1997 where he ran his bike book business and bike shop until
recently. He died 1st March from cancer. His funeral will be at Hereford
Crematorium Chapel on Friday March 11th at 10.00 a.m.
Thanks
Mark Johnson Vicar adn cyclist

pedant
Wasn't his surname spelt 'Stuart-Clark'?
pedant

ISTR his shop being called 'Stuart Cycles' (or Bicycling Books) but my
aging memory may be failing...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 9th 05, 08:24 PM
MSeries

Mark Johnson wrote:
Hi does any one have a copy of the cyclists prayer I can us for a
funeral on Friday? Some of you make have known David Stewart-Clerk who
ran a bike shop in Acton in the 80's and 90's before moving to Hereford
in 1997 where he ran his bike book business and bike shop until
recently. He died 1st March from cancer. His funeral will be at Hereford
Crematorium Chapel on Friday March 11th at 10.00 a.m.
Thanks
Mark Johnson Vicar adn cyclist

Sorry to hear about Davids death. I used to call in the Acton shop when
I lived in West London in the late '80s. Bought some great books from there.

Five cyclists cleared Marty Wallace Australia 2 July 3rd 04 11:15 PM
red lights wobbles UK 224 June 5th 04 03:56 PM
"Japan cracks down on 'killer' cyclists." D. Telegraph, 7.4.2004 Scott Leckey UK 42 April 13th 04 09:18 PM
Risk Homeostasis - Drivers and Cyclists Robert Haston Recumbent Biking 50 December 12th 03 05:56 PM
Clear Channel Radio DJs threatening cyclists, again! Corvus Corvax Social Issues 30 October 3rd 03 01:12 PM