A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 3rd 19, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,444
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697
Ads
  #2  
Old January 3rd 19, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,331
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


The stupidity of cyclists can never be underestimated.


  #3  
Old January 3rd 19, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,190
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 5:23:51 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic, or so we are told.

  #4  
Old January 3rd 19, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 350
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 5:23:51 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic, or so we are told.


You really couldn't make it up; the stupidity of some cyclists in this
NG cannot be over-estimated - they are even prepared to defend
outrageously dangerous cycling such as is seen in that video clip. Not
only that, but they attack other road-users for proceeding correctly and
lawfully at junctions such as that roundabout.

If that is typical of that cyclist's behaviour, the child would probably
be better of in the care of the local social services department.
  #5  
Old January 4th 19, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,190
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 10:48:18 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:
On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 5:23:51 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic, or so we are told.


You really couldn't make it up; the stupidity of some cyclists in this
NG cannot be over-estimated - they are even prepared to defend
outrageously dangerous cycling such as is seen in that video clip. Not
only that, but they attack other road-users for proceeding correctly and
lawfully at junctions such as that roundabout.

If that is typical of that cyclist's behaviour, the child would probably
be better of in the care of the local social services department.


As the article pointed out the child was wearing a helmet and was, therefore, perfectly safe.
  #6  
Old January 4th 19, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,597
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic,
or so we are told.


The cyclist was taking advantage of a clear piece of road approaching
behind the cammer and would have been ready to tuck in behind it. The
drivers saw him on the approach, not realising he would have done a
tuck, conveniently stopped, so he took the opportunity to go past and
let the drivers think they're heroes.

What I can't work out is why the two drivers then spent so much time
stationary after the cyclist had disappeared. The lorry driver took 4
seconds to get moving while the cammer took 8 seconds. The cammer driver
had let a massive gap develop ahead even before the cyclist went past.
No wonder there is so much congestion when drivers spend the time navel
gazing (or looking at Twitface?).
  #7  
Old January 4th 19, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 350
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On 04/01/2019 12:08, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic,
or so we are told.


The cyclist was taking advantage of a clear piece of road approaching
behind the cammer and would have been ready to tuck in behind it. The
drivers saw him on the approach, not realising he would have done a
tuck, conveniently stopped, so he took the opportunity to go past and
let the drivers think they're heroes.

What I can't work out is why the two drivers then spent so much time
stationary after the cyclist had disappeared. The lorry driver took 4
seconds to get moving while the cammer took 8 seconds. The cammer driver
had let a massive gap develop ahead even before the cyclist went past.
No wonder there is so much congestion when drivers spend the time navel
gazing (or looking at Twitface?).


Is there a convenient website which could translate that into English?
  #8  
Old January 4th 19, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,597
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On 04/01/2019 12:53, JNugent wrote:
On 04/01/2019 12:08, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic,
or so we are told.


The cyclist was taking advantage of a clear piece of road approaching
behind the cammer and would have been ready to tuck in behind it. The
drivers saw him on the approach, not realising he would have done a
tuck, conveniently stopped, so he took the opportunity to go past and
let the drivers think they're heroes.

What I can't work out is why the two drivers then spent so much time
stationary after the cyclist had disappeared. The lorry driver took 4
seconds to get moving while the cammer took 8 seconds. The cammer
driver had let a massive gap develop ahead even before the cyclist
went past. No wonder there is so much congestion when drivers spend
the time navel gazing (or looking at Twitface?).


Is there a convenient website which could translate that into English?


Done for you.

De cyclist wuz tak'n advantage o' a side piece o' road approach'n behind
de cammer and would 'uv beun ready ter tuck in behind it. de drivers saw
'im ed de approach, not realis'n 'e would 'uv done a tuck, conveniently
stopped, so 'e tewk de opportunity ter bowl past and let de drivers
think they're 'eroes.

Wa' ay can't weerk out is why de two drivers dun spent so much time
stationary afti de cyclist 'ad disappeared. de lorry driver tewk 4
seconds ter get mov'n while de cammer tewk 8 seconds. de cammer driver
'ad let a massive gap develop ahead evun before de cyclist went past.
nah wonder thuz is so much congestion whun drivers spend de time navel
gaz'n (er lewk'n at twitface?)
  #9  
Old January 4th 19, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,190
Default It beggars belief just how stupid and reckless cyclists are

On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 1:01:27 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/01/2019 12:53, JNugent wrote:
On 04/01/2019 12:08, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/01/2019 18:07, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-what-13808697


Slower traffic is supposed to get out of the way of faster traffic,
or so we are told.

The cyclist was taking advantage of a clear piece of road approaching
behind the cammer and would have been ready to tuck in behind it. The
drivers saw him on the approach, not realising he would have done a
tuck, conveniently stopped, so he took the opportunity to go past and
let the drivers think they're heroes.

What I can't work out is why the two drivers then spent so much time
stationary after the cyclist had disappeared. The lorry driver took 4
seconds to get moving while the cammer took 8 seconds. The cammer
driver had let a massive gap develop ahead even before the cyclist
went past. No wonder there is so much congestion when drivers spend
the time navel gazing (or looking at Twitface?).


Is there a convenient website which could translate that into English?


Done for you.

De cyclist wuz tak'n advantage o' a side piece o' road approach'n behind
de cammer and would 'uv beun ready ter tuck in behind it. de drivers saw
'im ed de approach, not realis'n 'e would 'uv done a tuck, conveniently
stopped, so 'e tewk de opportunity ter bowl past and let de drivers
think they're 'eroes.

Wa' ay can't weerk out is why de two drivers dun spent so much time
stationary afti de cyclist 'ad disappeared. de lorry driver tewk 4
seconds ter get mov'n while de cammer tewk 8 seconds. de cammer driver
'ad let a massive gap develop ahead evun before de cyclist went past.
nah wonder thuz is so much congestion whun drivers spend de time navel
gaz'n (er lewk'n at twitface?)


Nugent is from Liverpool, English is it's second language.
The fact that something from Liverpool has mastered basic reading and writing is a miracle in itself.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Law must change to tackle reckless cyclists, says widower of KimBriggs killed in crash with illegal bike Bod[_5_] UK 27 August 27th 17 10:20 AM
Laura Trott - reckless cyclists give us all a bad name Mentalguy2k8[_2_] UK 16 October 25th 13 11:30 PM
Reckless cyclists causing trouble in Catford Mr Benn[_5_] UK 6 March 10th 12 04:41 AM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ vyphih Hunrobe General 11 November 11th 04 02:45 AM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________ ylojceq Tom Kunich Social Issues 2 November 10th 04 04:26 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.