A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

So who can the President fire?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old January 3rd 19, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,537
Default So who can the President fire?

On 1/2/2019 3:46 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:46:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.


Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.

So the pretense of you and Frank is that these aren't the people you support. That since it wasn't you personally that you can still support them and remain blameless. The same defense used by the guards at Auschwitz; "I was just following orders."


Tom, you're nuts. You've never even asked my opinion on the internment
of the Japanese-Americans, yet your spitting all over your keyboard with
outrage about my approving it, years before I was even born.

You're an excellent argument for universal health care. Take your meds!

--
- Frank Krygowski
Ads
  #22  
Old January 3rd 19, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,565
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 3:02:06 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/2/2019 3:46 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:46:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.

So the pretense of you and Frank is that these aren't the people you support. That since it wasn't you personally that you can still support them and remain blameless. The same defense used by the guards at Auschwitz; "I was just following orders."


Tom, you're nuts. You've never even asked my opinion on the internment
of the Japanese-Americans, yet your spitting all over your keyboard with
outrage about my approving it, years before I was even born.

You're an excellent argument for universal health care. Take your meds!


That's coverage D for Tom -- under the hard-working tax-payer supported socialist benefit program, Medicare. People like me caring for people like Tom.. It makes me feel warm all over, except at self-employment tax time.

-- Jay Beattie.
  #23  
Old January 3rd 19, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8,896
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 9:46:12 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 1:08:28 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 6:23:18 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:01:16 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:55:57 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Jay Beattie says: " This is what the government would have proved at trial."

Really? Surely you mean "This is what the government CLAIMS it would have proved at trial." The Mueller team of Democrat donors first bankrupted General Flynn and then threatened to go after his son if he didn't roll over. There's a very large difference between extorting a confession from someone by threats to his family, and proving whatever he confesses to under duress in a contested case in court. Surely they taught you that much at college? If not, you should ask for your tuition to be returned.

This "Russia Dossier -- Mueller Special Counsel Investigation" will go down in history as the most corrupt series of incidents in all of American history.

Top-posting is a federal offense.

Kiss my ass.

Happy new year Andre!

Since I don't live in PDX, I wish you a year in which you can put up your hourly rate to a thousand dollars.

Things slow down at the pulp (fiction) mill?

Nah. The press got taken over by one of the Big Three, precisely for the literary quality of its writers, and everyone got well to several factors of capital gains, which attracts a lower tax rate, as I'm sure you keep telling your clients from Big Oil.

I know how disappointing it can be to actually look at a transcript where an intelligent, high level official represented by the greatest (over-priced) legal talent in the United States cops a plea in open court -- after ten minutes of admonitions and specifically states under oath that the plea is voluntary and not coerced. Recall that the plea was to lying and not the underlying (possible) Logan Act violation or other federal law violations. We'll learn about that later when the Mueller report is issued. Flynn lied, got caught and got prosecuted. It's pretty simple. He'll get probation or maybe a suntan opportunity at Club Fed. BTW, all criminal investigations are coercive, and when you lie and get caught, you're just throwing gasoline on the fire. Nixon and Clinton proved that point.

-- Jay Beattie.

Oh, I read that when it first became available via NR's Andy McCarthy, I think. I'm a sucker for reading deceptively nuanced prose. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I wasn't disappointed at all. It reads to me, as I expected, like a wholelotta "intelligent, high level officials" -- what was it that judge said again, ah, yes --"composing". And certainly what they're composing isn't music.

Funny thing: the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn first said he hadn't lied. It was Mueller, who wasn't in the room, who decided that after all he was lying, and disappeared the agents' original reports, and wiped their phones, for which one hopes he will be held to account. Funny thing, that sequence, but only if your sense of justice is blunted. (Well, or if you're a lawyer who doesn't believe in the concept of exculpatory evidence.)

AJ
Who will watch the watchers?


While Lyndon Johnson was in the Oval office he was so well thought of as of his honesty that the 89th Congress passed the Freedom of Information Act. Funny how it has been the strong point in showing the people in this country what Democrats really are.



FOIA was authored by a Democrat, John Moss, from CALIFORNIA 3rd District. It revised provision that had been in the APA since 1946, and Moss had worked for 12 years to get it through congress. It passed through the 89th congress -- through a house and senate both controlled by Democrats. It was signed by a Democratic president. How much more Democratic can you make a piece of legislation.

Interestingly, President Ford opposed amendments in 1974 that form the back-bone of the current FOIA. His veto was overridden by congress:

Following the Watergate scandal, President Gerald R. Ford wanted to sign FOIA-strengthening amendments in the Privacy Act of 1974, but White House Chief of Staff Donald Rumsfeld and deputy Dick Cheney were concerned about leaks. Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel Antonin Scalia advised the bill was unconstitutional and even telephoned the CIA asking them to lobby a particular White House staffer. President Ford was persuaded to veto the bill on October 17, 1974, according to documents declassified in 2004. However, on November 21, the lame-duck Congress overrode President Ford's veto, giving the United States the core Freedom of Information Act still in effect today, with judicial review of executive secrecy claims..

Scalia remained highly critical of the 1974 amendments, writing years later that "It is the Taj Mahal of the Doctrine of Unanticipated Consequences, the Sistine Chapel of Cost-Benefit Analysis Ignored." Scalia particularly disliked the availability of judicial review, decrying that if "an agency denies a freedom of information request, shazam!—the full force of the Third Branch of the government is summoned to the wronged party's assistance."

-- Jay Beattie.


See, even Democrats used to do the right thing. Pity they don't any more.

Andre Jute
The truth shall set ye free -- John F Kennedy, opening the Langley HQ of the CIA, quoting the New Testament
  #24  
Old January 3rd 19, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 12:46:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:46:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.


Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.

So the pretense of you and Frank is that these aren't the people you support. That since it wasn't you personally that you can still support them and remain blameless. The same defense used by the guards at Auschwitz; "I was just following orders."



The Internment of the Japanese took place in February 1942 which is,
if your Internet biography is correct, before you were born. What's
next? Will you be rabbeting on about the horrible treatment of the so
called Native Americans? Or maybe how the Jamestown was settled?

cheers,

John B.


  #25  
Old January 3rd 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,944
Default So who can the President fire?

On 1/2/2019 3:53 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 1:46:12 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 1:08:28 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 6:23:18 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:01:16 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:55:57 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Jay Beattie says: " This is what the government would have proved at trial."

Really? Surely you mean "This is what the government CLAIMS it would have proved at trial." The Mueller team of Democrat donors first bankrupted General Flynn and then threatened to go after his son if he didn't roll over. There's a very large difference between extorting a confession from someone by threats to his family, and proving whatever he confesses to under duress in a contested case in court. Surely they taught you that much at college? If not, you should ask for your tuition to be returned.

This "Russia Dossier -- Mueller Special Counsel Investigation" will go down in history as the most corrupt series of incidents in all of American history.

Top-posting is a federal offense.

Kiss my ass.

Happy new year Andre!

Since I don't live in PDX, I wish you a year in which you can put up your hourly rate to a thousand dollars.

Things slow down at the pulp (fiction) mill?

Nah. The press got taken over by one of the Big Three, precisely for the literary quality of its writers, and everyone got well to several factors of capital gains, which attracts a lower tax rate, as I'm sure you keep telling your clients from Big Oil.

I know how disappointing it can be to actually look at a transcript where an intelligent, high level official represented by the greatest (over-priced) legal talent in the United States cops a plea in open court -- after ten minutes of admonitions and specifically states under oath that the plea is voluntary and not coerced. Recall that the plea was to lying and not the underlying (possible) Logan Act violation or other federal law violations. We'll learn about that later when the Mueller report is issued. Flynn lied, got caught and got prosecuted. It's pretty simple. He'll get probation or maybe a suntan opportunity at Club Fed. BTW, all criminal investigations are coercive, and when you lie and get caught, you're just throwing gasoline on the fire. Nixon and Clinton proved that point.

-- Jay Beattie.

Oh, I read that when it first became available via NR's Andy McCarthy, I think. I'm a sucker for reading deceptively nuanced prose. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I wasn't disappointed at all. It reads to me, as I expected, like a wholelotta "intelligent, high level officials" -- what was it that judge said again, ah, yes --"composing". And certainly what they're composing isn't music.

Funny thing: the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn first said he hadn't lied. It was Mueller, who wasn't in the room, who decided that after all he was lying, and disappeared the agents' original reports, and wiped their phones, for which one hopes he will be held to account. Funny thing, that sequence, but only if your sense of justice is blunted. (Well, or if you're a lawyer who doesn't believe in the concept of exculpatory evidence.)

AJ
Who will watch the watchers?

While Lyndon Johnson was in the Oval office he was so well thought of as of his honesty that the 89th Congress passed the Freedom of Information Act. Funny how it has been the strong point in showing the people in this country what Democrats really are.



FOIA was authored by a Democrat, John Moss, from CALIFORNIA 3rd District. It revised provision that had been in the APA since 1946, and Moss had worked for 12 years to get it through congress. It passed through the 89th congress -- through a house and senate both controlled by Democrats. It was signed by a Democratic president. How much more Democratic can you make a piece of legislation.

Interestingly, President Ford opposed amendments in 1974 that form the back-bone of the current FOIA. His veto was overridden by congress:

Following the Watergate scandal, President Gerald R. Ford wanted to sign FOIA-strengthening amendments in the Privacy Act of 1974, but White House Chief of Staff Donald Rumsfeld and deputy Dick Cheney were concerned about leaks. Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel Antonin Scalia advised the bill was unconstitutional and even telephoned the CIA asking them to lobby a particular White House staffer. President Ford was persuaded to veto the bill on October 17, 1974, according to documents declassified in 2004. However, on November 21, the lame-duck Congress overrode President Ford's veto, giving the United States the core Freedom of Information Act still in effect today, with judicial review of executive secrecy claims.

Scalia remained highly critical of the 1974 amendments, writing years later that "It is the Taj Mahal of the Doctrine of Unanticipated Consequences, the Sistine Chapel of Cost-Benefit Analysis Ignored." Scalia particularly disliked the availability of judicial review, decrying that if "an agency denies a freedom of information request, shazam!—the full force of the Third Branch of the government is summoned to the wronged party's assistance."

-- Jay Beattie.


Why are you insinuating that because it was passed by Democrats (from a state that was STRONGLY Republican) that it hasn't been the Democrats who have been exposed FAR more than Republicans. Funny thing of where the nations dishonesty really lies.


And yet the administrative powers (aka 'deep State') plod
along on their own inscrutable path.

One small example-
JW secured and published last spring that Rosenstein's
signature is on the FISA warrant, which requires that he had
read and understood it yet in his (JW again) emails he wrote
that he had not.

Yes, the sound you hear is crickets. Voters don't care,
prosecutors ignore all this because voters don't care, Flynn
has already been deprived of competent counsel[1] and so
here we are.

More poignantly, Flynn is not charged with any wrongful
acts, merely 'lying to the FBI', contents/subject not
disclosed. Comey bragged about catching Flynn off guard,
without counsel or preparation. Although the word
'entrapment' was not printed it was implied. To quote a
famous person in re 'lying to the FBI', "If I walked in and
said 'good day' but it was raining someplace they'd have me
right there." And so it was for Flynn.

And a larger example-
Officers of the United States conspired and participated in
the spoliation of evidence[2] (beyond FOIA even) under
subpoena in the Uranium One and Benghazi matters. Ms
Clinton's staff were given blanket immunity and then even
suddenly counsel (meaning she could sit in on FBI interviews
and more importantly not give evidence on her own acts in
both matters and their coverup)

JW tries but FOIA is resisted/ignored with impunity by the
swamp. Hell, IRS still hasn't produced FOIA materials from
the 1st Amendment violations of Lois Lerner. Don't hold your
breath.

And finally there's plenty of inscrutable to go around. The
President can declassify anything and many people (including
me) think he ought to declassify and publish all materials
on the Flynn and DNC-Steele dossier. Yet he has not.
Conspiracy theorists can jump in here.


[1]He has limited rights and besides has been bankrupted
already. The process is the punishment; no jurors or
confrontation of his accusers.

[2] Erasure of State Department documents under subpoena,
their backups, the devises themselves, physically, by FBI
agents.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


  #26  
Old January 3rd 19, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 13:08:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 6:23:18 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:01:16 PM UTC, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:55:57 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
Jay Beattie says: " This is what the government would have proved at trial."

Really? Surely you mean "This is what the government CLAIMS it would have proved at trial." The Mueller team of Democrat donors first bankrupted General Flynn and then threatened to go after his son if he didn't roll over. There's a very large difference between extorting a confession from someone by threats to his family, and proving whatever he confesses to under duress in a contested case in court. Surely they taught you that much at college? If not, you should ask for your tuition to be returned.

This "Russia Dossier -- Mueller Special Counsel Investigation" will go down in history as the most corrupt series of incidents in all of American history.

Top-posting is a federal offense.


Kiss my ass.

Happy new year Andre!


Since I don't live in PDX, I wish you a year in which you can put up your hourly rate to a thousand dollars.

Things slow down at the pulp (fiction) mill?


Nah. The press got taken over by one of the Big Three, precisely for the literary quality of its writers, and everyone got well to several factors of capital gains, which attracts a lower tax rate, as I'm sure you keep telling your clients from Big Oil.

I know how disappointing it can be to actually look at a transcript where an intelligent, high level official represented by the greatest (over-priced) legal talent in the United States cops a plea in open court -- after ten minutes of admonitions and specifically states under oath that the plea is voluntary and not coerced. Recall that the plea was to lying and not the underlying (possible) Logan Act violation or other federal law violations. We'll learn about that later when the Mueller report is issued. Flynn lied, got caught and got prosecuted. It's pretty simple. He'll get probation or maybe a suntan opportunity at Club Fed. BTW, all criminal investigations are coercive, and when you lie and get caught, you're just throwing gasoline on the fire. Nixon and Clinton proved that point.

-- Jay Beattie.


Oh, I read that when it first became available via NR's Andy McCarthy, I think. I'm a sucker for reading deceptively nuanced prose. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I wasn't disappointed at all. It reads to me, as I expected, like a wholelotta "intelligent, high level officials" -- what was it that judge said again, ah, yes --"composing". And certainly what they're composing isn't music.

Funny thing: the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn first said he hadn't lied. It was Mueller, who wasn't in the room, who decided that after all he was lying, and disappeared the agents' original reports, and wiped their phones, for which one hopes he will be held to account. Funny thing, that sequence, but only if your sense of justice is blunted. (Well, or if you're a lawyer who doesn't believe in the concept of exculpatory evidence.)

AJ
Who will watch the watchers?


While Lyndon Johnson was in the Oval office he was so well thought of as of his honesty that the 89th Congress passed the Freedom of Information Act. Funny how it has been the strong point in showing the people in this country what Democrats really are.


You didn't read further down the page"

The Freedom of Information Act was initially introduced as the bill S.
1160 in the 89th Congress. When the two-page bill was signed into law
it became Pub.L. 89-487, 80 Stat. 250, enacted July 4, 1966, but had
an effective date of one year after the date of enactment, or July 4,
1967.

That law was initially repealed during the period between the
enactment of the act and its effective date... A new act in Pub.L.
90-23, 81 Stat. 54, enacted June 5, 1967 (originally H.R. 5357 in the
90th Congress), repealed the original and put in its place a
substantively identical law. This statute was signed on June 5, 1967,
and had the same effective date as the original statute: July 4, 1967.

So you are wrong once again. The Freedom of Information Act was
actually enacted by the 90th congress.

You are, as they say, a day late and a dollar short.

cheers,

John B.


  #27  
Old January 3rd 19, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 13:18:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:46:39 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 17:46:43 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.


I'm sure that you must have also had a hand in the recruiting of the
44th Infantry Regiment which was made up of Japanese-Americans and was
the most decorated regiment in the history of the U.S. Army.

cheers,

John B.


Do you mean the segregated American regiment. Sort of like some 700,000 black Americans whose efforts in the war did everything from breaking the Battle of the Bulge to saving bridges all over France so that the tankers could cross. And the American military didn't even recognize them. It wasn't until Eisenhower got in until the service was desegregated. Of course this segregation has been blamed on the Republicans ever since.


Segregated regiment? So what? They received the highest number of
decorations in the history of the U.S. Army.

But Black Americans... the first "Afro-Americans" in the military
joined up in the 1700's. "research concludes there were about 9000
black Patriot soldiers, counting the Continental Army and Navy, and
state militia units..."

From about 1863 until the early 20th century there were the 9th and
10th cavalry and the 24th and 25th infantry regiments which were
Black.

To add a little bicycle content, the first U.S. "Bicycle Soldiers"
were members of the 25th Infantry, a Black unit.

cheers,

John B.


  #28  
Old January 3rd 19, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,537
Default So who can the President fire?

On 1/2/2019 8:32 PM, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 13:18:14 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 7:46:39 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 17:46:43 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.

I'm sure that you must have also had a hand in the recruiting of the
44th Infantry Regiment which was made up of Japanese-Americans and was
the most decorated regiment in the history of the U.S. Army.

cheers,

John B.


Do you mean the segregated American regiment. Sort of like some 700,000 black Americans whose efforts in the war did everything from breaking the Battle of the Bulge to saving bridges all over France so that the tankers could cross. And the American military didn't even recognize them. It wasn't until Eisenhower got in until the service was desegregated. Of course this segregation has been blamed on the Republicans ever since.


Segregated regiment? So what? They received the highest number of
decorations in the history of the U.S. Army.

But Black Americans... the first "Afro-Americans" in the military
joined up in the 1700's. "research concludes there were about 9000
black Patriot soldiers, counting the Continental Army and Navy, and
state militia units..."

From about 1863 until the early 20th century there were the 9th and
10th cavalry and the 24th and 25th infantry regiments which were
Black.

To add a little bicycle content, the first U.S. "Bicycle Soldiers"
were members of the 25th Infantry, a Black unit.


See "Buffalo Soldiers."
https://www.history.com/topics/westw...ffalo-soldiers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Soldier

--
- Frank Krygowski
  #29  
Old January 3rd 19, 08:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 636
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 3:37:29 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 3:02:06 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/2/2019 3:46 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:46:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.
So the pretense of you and Frank is that these aren't the people you support. That since it wasn't you personally that you can still support them and remain blameless. The same defense used by the guards at Auschwitz; "I was just following orders."


Tom, you're nuts. You've never even asked my opinion on the internment
of the Japanese-Americans, yet your spitting all over your keyboard with
outrage about my approving it, years before I was even born.

You're an excellent argument for universal health care. Take your meds!


That's coverage D for Tom -- under the hard-working tax-payer supported socialist benefit program, Medicare. People like me caring for people like Tom. It makes me feel warm all over, except at self-employment tax time.

-- Jay Beattie.


People like you are liars. Although initially Social Security and Medicare were supported by taxpayers the funds soon grew much larger until effectively people sere "banking" their own SS and Medicare. I once calculated my Social Security payments with only 1% interest rates and it was covered until I was 92. So you can take your usual Democrat garbage and shove it.
  #30  
Old January 3rd 19, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 636
Default So who can the President fire?

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 4:51:40 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 12:46:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:46:45 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 5:19:06 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/1/2019 2:30 PM,
wrote:

Jay, it is always pleasant to know to exactly what lengths you and other
leftists are willing to go to attacking even the least man in Trump's administration.

I would like to ask you quite plainly - do you really believe that this
is not going to rebound on you? That the same tactics that you've been
willing to use will not in turn be used upon you? Or are you still
filled with pride with getting away without punishment for locking
114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps while we
had Americans in Europe fighting Germans in part because they were
locking Jews into concentration camps?

Jay, I have to take Tom's side on that point. If it really was you who
locked 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps -
well, shame on you!


On the other hand, you've really got to applaud his productivity.

Well thank you! People just don't understand how HARD it is to get 114,000 Americans of Japanese descent into concentration camps. I was exhausted before I was even born. Nobody had ever done it before. It was huge, and it will be many, many years before anybody does it again. Probably never because it was so huge. And you know, I talk to my Japanese friends and even they say, "Jay, you did such an awesome and good job. A hugely awesome good job like nobody had done before!"

-- @therealJayBeattie.

So the pretense of you and Frank is that these aren't the people you support. That since it wasn't you personally that you can still support them and remain blameless. The same defense used by the guards at Auschwitz; "I was just following orders."



The Internment of the Japanese took place in February 1942 which is,
if your Internet biography is correct, before you were born. What's
next? Will you be rabbeting on about the horrible treatment of the so
called Native Americans? Or maybe how the Jamestown was settled?

cheers,

John B.


My best friend until I joined the Military grew up in one of those Concentration Camps and his sister was my classmate. Their father died in that camp from lack of medical care and barely passible food and protection from conditions. Living in Thailand you obviously do not bother with the problems of others but I saw that everything that they worked for was taken away from them by Roosevelt's financier friends who picked it all up for almost free.. When the Kora family got out they have to start from nothing again.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The president on holiday Alycidon UK 15 August 24th 15 08:54 AM
UCI President Pat McQuaid said... [email protected] Racing 0 August 5th 13 06:46 AM
President Obama.... atriage[_6_] Racing 1 July 24th 11 05:31 PM
Ed Dolan the Great for President! JimmyMac Mountain Biking 5 September 9th 08 01:25 AM
Ewoud Dronkert for President!!! Richard Longwood Racing 18 November 10th 04 07:59 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.