Tyres for roads and cycle paths

Old July 11th 05, 09:22 PM
Maud

Default Tyres for roads and cycle paths

What's your views on the best? I've got Geax Street Runners with kevlar
puncture pro. They've done me well and I've not suffered from punctures.
Is there anything better around?

Maud

Old July 11th 05, 09:59 PM
C.J.Patten

I've heard extremely good reviews of Schwalbe "Marathon" tires for touring
and "Big Apple" tire for city riding.

Most importantly though, what's your definition of "better?"
You've got a set of tires that haven't failed.
If you like how they ride, why switch?

Old July 12th 05, 09:50 AM
Peter Clinch

Steve W wrote:
Schwalbe marathon plus are almost bullet proof and ride well, just a bit
heavy

I use standard Marathons. They do have a kevlar belt, but the Plusses
have an extra-thick section to absorb direct poke-through of stuff like
drawing pins which can defeat most anti-puncture bands.

I've had a couple of punctures on the Streetmachine and a couple on the
Brom in ~ 4 years of running both of them. Not anything like close
enough to a problem to think hard about moving to the Plus version for
where I ride.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 12th 05, 09:51 AM
Bryan

"Maud" wrote in message
What's your views on the best? I've got Geax Street Runners with

kevlar
puncture pro. They've done me well and I've not suffered from

punctures.
Is there anything better around?

Maud

Specialized Armadillo, 2000 miles of commuting in London, and, well I'm
not going to tempt fate, but you can guess :-)

Bryan

--
Bryan