Turning

Old April 7th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pembar

Default Turning

This is more like a rant post. =/

Annoys me that I can only turn left but I can't turn right. It seems
instinctive to swing my right leg (main leg) to the left. But I cannot
generate enough power from my left leg to swing to the right.

I guess I need to practice more.

--
Pembar
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 7th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TheGreenMonster

Pembar wrote:
This is more like a rant post. =/

Annoys me that I can only turn left but I can't turn right. It seems
instinctive to swing my right leg (main leg) to the left. But I cannot
generate enough power from my left leg to swing to the right.

I guess I need to practice more.

thats interesting, as soon as i could ride i could turn...

--
TheGreenMonster

i'm a ninjagymnestismer
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 7th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
StephenH

We should ride together. Turning left has been my challenge, we'd equal
out.

Actually, I could always turn left, just not sharply. Meanwhile, my
son, much lighter than me, could fairly easily make a 90 degree corner
on the same unicycle. I don't know if the weight has anything to do
with it or not, though.

But yeat, just keep at it and it'll get better. I can make my left
turns good enough for most purposes now, still would have trouble
staying on a narrow sidewalk at a corner, but I don't do that anyway.

--
StephenH
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 7th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I could only turn left for almost a month of off an on riding, It is
fairly normal.

One day you will realize that you just turned right and it was easy.
Until then it is fairly annoying but part of the learning process for
some of us lucky lopsided people.

--
saskatchewanian
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 7th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pembar

Yeah, I was talking about 90 degree turns. Those where the "tyres
scratch the floor" as opposed to slanting to one side.

Are you right-legged or left-legged?

--
Pembar
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 7th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I am all round right side dominant.

--
saskatchewanian
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 8th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamessd

Pembar wrote:
to swing my right leg (main leg) to the left

Maybe that's the problem?

You should be learning to turn by twisting your arms towards where you
want to turn (therefore facing your shoulders there), which in turn
twists your hips. Is this what you meant, or are you actually trying to
turn with your legs? If you have most of your weight on the saddle,
then the way I just described is how you're meant to do it. (swing
arms/twist shoulders/hips/in turn the uni).

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :

Kieron wrote:
I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
bush.

http://www.usenet.com
Old April 8th 08, 09:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pembar

jamessd wrote:
Maybe that's the problem?

You should be learning to turn by twisting your arms towards where you
want to turn (therefore facing your shoulders there), which in turn
twists your hips. Is this what you meant, or are you actually trying to
turn with your legs? If you have most of your weight on the saddle,
then the way I just described is how you're meant to do it. (swing
arms/twist shoulders/hips/in turn the uni).

Oh.

I shall try this when I get home tonight. Somehow the swinging the
right leg to the left was instinctive, I play a lot of soccer, and it's
how I usually throw my weight when I swing the leg.

Thanks for the tip.

--
Pembar
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 8th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Watch the movie Zoolander. If he can figure out how to turn left, you
can figure out how to turn right.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
http://www.usenet.com
Old April 9th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

damn you beat me to the zoolander joke!

--
The.Mars.Volta

'Kidmuni.com' (http://www.kidmuni.com/Home) 'My Gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6) 'YouTube Account'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UNICYCLEORDIE)
Sir I'm picking something up on my radar.
(Everyone comes to look)
It's a cup of coffee.

Émile wrote:
I dreamed that I was in australia and I rode with you and luke, and hugo
was there too

http://www.usenet.com

Turning right. Martin Dann UK 53 August 29th 07 11:21 PM
Turning? JusticeZero Unicycling 4 October 7th 06 09:19 PM
Turning Help IowaKid Unicycling 7 May 12th 04 02:35 PM
Turning Help UniMike Unicycling 7 October 13th 03 06:17 PM