Life in the Pro peloton

Old October 6th 20, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Life in the Pro peloton

https://video.corriere.it/sport/giro...b-10b0d3200beb

Some days it's victory and flower, some days it's a broken
pelvis.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 6th 20, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/6/2020 10:16 AM, AMuzi wrote:
https://video.corriere.it/sport/giro...b-10b0d3200beb

Some days it's victory and flower, some days it's a broken pelvis.

Sadly, I don't read Italian. But regarding the benefits and detriments
of a pro cycling career:

I wonder what the life is really like, both day to day and long term.
How much of their daily training feels like suffering, as opposed to
just building power and learning tactics? How hard do they train in the
off season? Their careers seem short, so how lucrative are their riding
years? How well do they manage financially when their riding time is up?
Do they, like (say) American football players, have painful old ages
caused by their sport?

I also wonder if they still enjoy just riding a bike for fun after their
career is over. I'm doing pretty well at enjoying being just an old,
slow guy on a bike. I wonder if that's hard for them.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 6th 20, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Claus Aßmann[_2_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:

I wonder what the life is really like, both day to day and long term.

You could read some books...
Mark Cavendish: At Speed
Phil Gaimon: Pro cyclist on $10 a day
Chris Froome: Climb
et.al.

--
Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never
reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous
Old October 7th 20, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/6/2020 1:36 PM, Claus Aßmann wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

I wonder what the life is really like, both day to day and long term.

You could read some books...
Mark Cavendish: At Speed
Phil Gaimon: Pro cyclist on $10 a day
Chris Froome: Climb

Good idea. Which of those would you recommend for satisfying my curiosity?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 7th 20, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Claus Aßmann[_2_]

Frank Krygowski wrote:

Good idea. Which of those would you recommend for satisfying my curiosity?

Out of those:
Phil Gaimon: Pro cyclist on $10 a day

But you might find others too.

Old October 8th 20, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/7/2020 3:47 PM, Claus Aßmann wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:

Good idea. Which of those would you recommend for satisfying my curiosity?

Out of those:
Phil Gaimon: Pro cyclist on $10 a day

But you might find others too.

Noted and recorded. Thanks.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Peloton Davey Crockett[_5_] Racing 0 September 27th 13 02:55 PM
A Peloton of Knobs Judith[_4_] UK 196 September 4th 13 08:43 PM
Peloton Keitht UK 530 September 6th 09 04:55 PM
Peloton Judith M Smith General 0 August 31st 09 09:12 PM
Chain life vs cassette life Euan Techniques 32 August 24th 05 12:34 AM