Wrist's slapped

Old October 13th 03, 07:25 PM
Tony Raven

Default Wrist's slapped

http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/... 0:531:532:533

Complaint upheld against Cannondale advert

Tony

Old October 13th 03, 08:09 PM
Ian

Tony Raven must be edykated coz e writed:

http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/...cation_id=3662
5&from_index=show_advertisers&dates_of_adjudicatio ns_id=530:531:532:533

Complaint upheld against Cannondale advert

Tony

No, I'm not going to say it.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old October 13th 03, 08:25 PM
Clive George

"Ian" wrote in message

No, I'm not going to say it.

what, grocers?

cheers,
clive

Old October 13th 03, 08:25 PM
Clive George

"Ian" wrote in message

No, I'm not going to say it.

what, grocers?

cheers,
clive

Old October 13th 03, 08:35 PM
Juliette

In article ,
says...
http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/... 0:531:532:533

Complaint upheld against Cannondale advert

Good, but they're not the only ones. Simon has got quite used to
me flicking through magazines and tutting. I've also been to some
online bike shops and seen near naked women. That's OK though, I
just won't buy anything made by people who advertise in that way
and I won't use online bike stores with bikini clad women on
their front pages.

Of course, Simon has a nice new shiny Cannondale but, quite
reasonably, I didn't have any say in that purchase. I've still to
buy my new hill bike and it won't be a Cannondale.

As the adjudication said though, I'm not their target market and
I don't suppose they'd be upset about losing my spending power.

Juliette, not a miserable bag but has to draw the line somewhere
--
nowt

Old October 13th 03, 09:33 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Tony Raven wrote:

http://www.asa.org.uk/adjudications/... 0:531:532:533

Complaint upheld against Cannondale advert

Tony

Doesn't sound offensive really. OTOH, the current Muddy Fox advert
("Would you like to go down on me?" with two Television-X type trollops)
would make them go apesh*t!

Old October 13th 03, 09:35 PM
Simon Brooke

Juliette writes:

Of course, Simon has a nice new shiny Cannondale but, quite
reasonably, I didn't have any say in that purchase. I've still to
buy my new hill bike and it won't be a Cannondale.

In my defence I hadn't seen the advert when I bought the bike. But
having said that I would probably have bought the bike anyway, 'cause
where else can you get something as cool as a Lefty (apart from a
Whyte, perhaps)?

do not sail on uphill water
- Bill Lee