Bugger

Old April 10th 04, 03:07 PM
Doki

Default Bugger

Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres back on
it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the intention of doing
some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new knuckles and an elbow, as
well as a new shifter by the looks of it. Never forget that the front brake
is a lot sharper than it used to be...

Old April 10th 04, 03:58 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres back on
it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the intention of doing
some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new knuckles and an elbow, as
well as a new shifter by the looks of it. Never forget that the front brake
is a lot sharper than it used to be...

Ouch! That sounds quite nasty. Is your tetanus innoculation up-to-date?

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 10th 04, 08:51 PM
Doki

Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres
back on it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the
intention of doing some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new
knuckles and an elbow, as well as a new shifter by the looks of it.
Never forget that the front brake is a lot sharper than it used to
be...

Ouch! That sounds quite nasty. Is your tetanus innoculation
up-to-date?

My what? Found some XT Shifters in the ad mag and an LX back V-brake, so the
shifters are going on tomorrow and the V-brake when I get a matching one for
the front. All for the bargain price of £30. Of course, now my grips which
normally slide off at the drop of a hat are being absolute swines.

Old April 11th 04, 10:15 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

My what?

Your tetanus jab, to make sure you don't develop tetanus from nasties in the
ground getting into you via an open wound.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 11th 04, 10:19 PM
Sue

In message ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers writes
My what?

Your tetanus jab, to make sure you don't develop tetanus from nasties in the
ground getting into you via an open wound.

Cheers, helen s

Hate to admit it, but she's right - even a mudlark's immune system needs
tetanus shots. I've had the full three or whatever it is, giving
lifetime immunity, but perhaps I should do some scaremongering among
other riders.
The size of the wound actually has no bearing on the matter, it's the
outdoor environment that does it - a farmer down home got infected
through a scratch from a strawstalk, and he was paralysed all down one
side.

Give your GP's surgery a ring, they do it by appointment and I don't
think they charge for it, even now.

--
Sue ]8(
Old April 12th 04, 08:25 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Doki wrote:
Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres back on
it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the intention of doing
some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new knuckles and an elbow, as
well as a new shifter by the looks of it. Never forget that the front brake
is a lot sharper than it used to be...

Must be the way I have my saddle and bars positioned, but I've never
gone over the handlebars. I can slide the *front* wheel on dry tarmac
though - I did it the other day going down a 1 in 4. Bit disconcerting.
Old April 12th 04, 08:35 AM
Doki

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Doki wrote:
Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres
back on it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the
intention of doing some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new
knuckles and an elbow, as well as a new shifter by the looks of it.
Never forget that the front brake is a lot sharper than it used to
be...

Must be the way I have my saddle and bars positioned, but I've never
gone over the handlebars. I can slide the *front* wheel on dry tarmac
though - I did it the other day going down a 1 in 4. Bit
disconcerting.

Must be. If I were going to brake that hard normally, I'd be hanging my arse
over the back wheel to keep my weight back.

Old April 12th 04, 08:55 AM
Ian Smith

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:19:22 +0100, Sue wrote:

re tetanus:

Give your GP's surgery a ring, they do it by appointment and I don't
think they charge for it, even now.

Policy round here is that they only give boosters after you've have
had an injury. It could easily be something that varies around the
country, however.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old April 12th 04, 10:05 AM
Vic.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:25:49 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
wrote:

Doki wrote:
Got bike from bike shop, all nicely fettled, put the off road tyres back on
it, fettled the brakes and went out on it today with the intention of doing
some off road riding. I'm now in need of 4 new knuckles and an elbow, as
well as a new shifter by the looks of it. Never forget that the front brake
is a lot sharper than it used to be...

Must be the way I have my saddle and bars positioned, but I've never
gone over the handlebars. I can slide the *front* wheel on dry tarmac
though - I did it the other day going down a 1 in 4. Bit disconcerting.

I've told you before about riding your bike without any tires on the
rims.

Vic.

Bugger.....killed my rear derailleur :-( MrBonk Mountain Biking 7 May 31st 04 02:59 PM
Aw, bugger... bomba Mountain Biking 4 October 25th 03 02:04 AM
Silly bugger Tony W UK 17 September 14th 03 07:27 PM