MBUK North Shore Jam (17-18 September)

Old August 24th 05, 01:52 PM
Loosemoose

Default MBUK North Shore Jam (17-18 September)

Hey all, would just like to mention that Mountain Biking UK are holding
a North Shore Jam at the Churchill (near Bristol) MTB Course on the 17th
& 18th of September.

Price is £20 in advance, for a full weekend including camping and
unlimited access to the trails. They're putting on a beginners section,
and a floodlit night trail for after dark.

I'm planning on going (subject to other unicyclists attending, don't
want to be the only nutter surrounded by bikers!).

I went to this NS course a couple of weeks ago, and can say without a
shadow of a doubt its the greatest fun to be had off road anywhere on a
unicycle... There are non-technical trails through the woods, and
obstacles ranging from tame to truly extreme (the corkscrew being the
pinnacle). With a large enough unicycle contingent we might even get
some time on some obstacles to ourselves (most work better ridden in
reverse, which might annoy the the other bikers). What do you think?

Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Officially a  & ~ expert.

_no1_quote_of_crawley_2005:_
Leigh: "Where's Trevor"
Baz: "I think he's upstairs, balancing The Bishop"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old August 24th 05, 02:10 PM
rob.northcott

Sounds cool - I've never been to an official MTB place before. Shame
it's the same weekend as the SW Uni Meet... I'm tempted to do both
(SWUM is Sunday) but not sure if I can spare the whole weekend.

--
rob.northcott - Speed Freak (apparently)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice