Dickhead copper in Sydney

Old January 3rd 10, 09:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Tomasso[_5_]

Default Dickhead copper in Sydney

Haven't you guys heard of trolls and killfiles?

You are being baited by lowlife detritus.

Please DO write your reply, but associate it with the original post
from Geoff Lock (if he isn't a troll, and I suspect he isn't), or
anyone *intelligent* who responded.

Or refrain!

Why waste life on some dickwad who fervently serves
his totally vacuously agenda (eg, obvious trolls like "Dr. Sir
John Howard, AC, WSCMoF" and other contrivances like
it)?

Otherwise, join the Ed Dolan throng of puss on a stick.

Onward and upward (please).

Tomasso.

Old January 3rd 10, 11:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Speaking of road rage, this report was in the paper today -

http://www.smh.com.au/national/road-...0103-lmtp.html

A bit silly to get into an argument and than parking one's car where
the other fellow knows to find it.

Yes but the real problem is all this road rage that's occurring all too
often now.

Speaking for myself, I don't get involved in road rage incidents only
because I like to think I am a nice person

If another person wishes to indulge, I can only respond on a case by
case basis.

I am a big fan of the products purveyed by Gaston.

I don't know what that is. Tried googling but with no luck.

Gaston Glock is the founder of GLOCK.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find anything. So he would have signed his name
G.GLOCK. ;-)

Probably

My excuse for letting things slide is that I am a wannabe goodie two
shoes What is yours?

Lazy. Prefer to err on the side of caution. Take your pick.

Gotta shovel?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. And its a Spear & Jackson. Possibly a No.
5. No brass handle though. What about you?

I've got nuffin here so gimme a url where I can download that shovel,
will yer?

Now if I met him again and I recognise him and he behaved the same
way, I will be consoled by the fact that I will have the support of
many in aus.bicycles and aus.legal and elsewhere to prosecute him to
the fullest extent possible.

Then again, you may never see him again.

True.

In that case, there's nothing to work up a lather about.

True, the cosmic balance of my chi in relation to the harmony of the
flow of energy shall remain undisturbed - in other words, I don't really
give a ****, mate
Old January 3rd 10, 12:08 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Yes, road rage has caused death and I do think about that every time
I get on my bike. I have a little mantra I chant every time before I
ride - "Today is a good day to die" (Courtesy of a cheat code found
in an early version of Warcraft ). If it happens then hopefully
my estate will profit out of it

Yes but the real problem is all this road rage that's occurring all too
often now.

This road rage will continue to get worse while ever the govt.s and
councils install traffic control devices( speed humps,
chicanes,unnecessary traffic lights,funneling traffic on to slow main
roads out of back streets.
frustration is the basic cause of road rage.
In days gone by you could chose shortcuts and if you were held up it was
your own fault,with no one to blame but yourself,now you are forcibly
funneled on to packed roads and you have no individual choice so you get
cranky and irritable

If you were a cyclist, and I am responding to this post via aus.bicycle,
you will be surprised at the number of shortcuts you can take.

So, really, those "old" days you pine for have NOT really gone by if you
were cycling

Traffic control devices? Hm, speaking as a cyclist, I don't really have
a problem with them as I recognise the need for some form of managing
traffic flow. I am sure some people who could talk all night about the
merits of a speed hump with a 120cm rise and a 30 degree incline but
I'll have to pass on that one because I simply have not been able to
jump one yet on my mountain bike. Might need to change the ratios on my
big chainrings I think or grow bigger muscles

Old January 3rd 10, 12:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF[_11_]

Geoff Lock wrote:

Speaking of road rage, this report was in the paper today -

http://www.smh.com.au/national/road-...0103-lmtp.html

A bit silly to get into an argument and than parking one's car where
the other fellow knows to find it.

Yes but the real problem is all this road rage that's occurring all
too often now.

Speaking for myself, I don't get involved in road rage incidents only
because I like to think I am a nice person

It doesn't really matter how nice you are. Its the other arsehole that's the
problem. They tend to take advantage of our good nature.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0686866/

Now if I met him again and I recognise him and he behaved the same
way, I will be consoled by the fact that I will have the support of
many in aus.bicycles and aus.legal and elsewhere to prosecute him
to the fullest extent possible.

Then again, you may never see him again.

True.

In that case, there's nothing to work up a lather about.

True, the cosmic balance of my chi in relation to the harmony of the
flow of energy shall remain undisturbed - in other words, I don't really
give a ****, mate

No worries.

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipvdBnU8F8
- KRudd at his finest.

"The Labour Party is corrupt beyond redemption!"
- Labour hasbeen Mark Latham in a moment of honest clarity.

"This is the recession we had to have!"
- Paul Keating explaining why he gave Australia another Labour recession.

"Silly old bugger!"
- Well known ACTU ****pot and sometime Labour prime minister Bob Hawke
responding to a pensioner who dared ask for more.

"By 1990, no child will live in poverty"
- Bob Hawke again, desperate to win another election.

"A billion trees ..."
- Borke, ****ed as a newt again.

"Well may we say 'God save the Queen' because nothing will save the governor
general!"
- Egotistical ****head and pompous ****wit E.G. Whitlam whining about his
appointee for Governor General John Kerr.

"SHUT THE **** UP YOU DUMB ****!"
- FlangesBum on learning the truth about Labour's economic capabilities.

"I don't care what you ****ers think!"
- KRudd the KRude Rat at his finest again.

"We'll just change it all when we get in."
- Garrett the carrott
Old January 3rd 10, 12:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Tomasso wrote:
Haven't you guys heard of trolls and killfiles?

You are being baited by lowlife detritus.

I may be wrong but so far, I have only seen one troll so no need to
panic yet, mate.

Please DO write your reply, but associate it with the original post
from Geoff Lock (if he isn't a troll, and I suspect he isn't), or anyone
*intelligent* who responded.

I am no troll. I speak only of my experiences on the streets of Sydney
and I don't really care if trolls want to get invovled as long as they
on topic.

Of course, when I start getting bored with a troll ... _shrug_

Or refrain!

You jest!!!

Why waste life on some dickwad who fervently serves
his totally vacuously agenda (eg, obvious trolls like "Dr. Sir John
Howard, AC, WSCMoF" and other contrivances like
it)?

Personally, I don't have a problem right now with the man as he has been
on topic as far as I am concerned.

Otherwise, join the Ed Dolan throng of puss on a stick.

Come now, Ed Dolan provides entertainment - some times I confess I
very seldom read his posts but at least he keeps the "faith" - whatever
his version of the "faith" may be. I sometimes wonder if he is Jean-Paul
Turcaud in another guise. Now you got to admit that JPT is really
something special as he has maintained his "rage" all these years. That
alone should qualify JPT for something, I dunno, free accomodation in a
quiet room at a peaceful "resort" perhaps

Onward and upward (please).

Indeed, I was digressing
Old January 3rd 10, 12:31 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Geoff Lock wrote:

Traffic control devices? Hm, speaking as a cyclist, I don't really have
a problem with them as I recognise the need for some form of managing
traffic flow. I am sure some people who could talk all night about the
merits of a speed hump with a 120cm rise and a 30 degree incline but
I'll have to pass on that one because I simply have not been able to
jump one yet on my mountain bike. Might need to change the ratios on my
big chainrings I think or grow bigger muscles

Don't ask me why, but I had a feeling you rode a mountain bike. What have you got?

Old January 3rd 10, 01:01 PM posted to aus.bicycle,aus.legal
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:

Speaking for myself, I don't get involved in road rage incidents only
because I like to think I am a nice person

It doesn't really matter how nice you are. Its the other arsehole that's
the problem. They tend to take advantage of our good nature.

Tell me something new

How I chose to respond to an arsehole is dependent on many factors and
should perhaps be more correctly discussed on aus.socialengineering or
aus.psychology or
aus.how.to.handle.arseholes.and.other.similar.pers onalities

As Tomasso rightly pointed out in a previous post, my original post was
on aus.bicycles and as I readily accepted the cross post to aus.legal I
should really be on topic on both newsgroups, and therefore some of my
main concerns with regards to arseholes would probably be -

(1) To what degree does said arsehole affect my bicycling experience?
(2) Do I have a duty of care towards said arsehole?
(3) Does said arsehole have a duty of care towards me?
(4) Most importantly, do I give a **** about arseholes if I took the
trouble to fix my 24-speed Malvern mountain bike gear cable and I can
just cycle away from said arsehole?

BTW I ride a 35(?) y.o 12-speed road bike right now so maybe I should
make the effort to fix that gear cable on the Malvern but that is
another story for another time
Old January 3rd 10, 01:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Geoff Lock wrote:

Traffic control devices? Hm, speaking as a cyclist, I don't really
have a problem with them as I recognise the need for some form of
managing traffic flow. I am sure some people who could talk all night
about the merits of a speed hump with a 120cm rise and a 30 degree
incline but I'll have to pass on that one because I simply have not
been able to jump one yet on my mountain bike. Might need to change
the ratios on my big chainrings I think or grow bigger muscles

Don't ask me why, but I had a feeling you rode a mountain bike. What
have you got?

Oops, I answered this but to expand, I currently ride a 35(?) y.o 12
speed road bike. I also have a 24 speed Malvern mountain bike with a
dodgy gear cable, a 21 speed Gemini mounain bike with a buggered rear
gear cluster, a 21 speed Huffy mountain bike with a buggered bottom
bracket plus several other bikes (I've given up trying to count how many
as there are too many loose pieces) in various stages of disrepair.

Oh yes, the road bike does not handle jumps too well so I try not to
partly because the lock ring on the head stem tends to come loose and
this can make the jump a bit more exciting than planned. My mountain
bikes are OK with jumps (suspension on the front forks are handy) but I
am trying to be as good as Danny MacAskill so I think I may need a bit
more practice as I can only manage 50 cm curbs at the moment
Old January 3rd 10, 01:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Geoff Lock wrote:

Speaking for myself, I don't get involved in road rage incidents only
because I like to think I am a nice person

It doesn't really matter how nice you are. Its the other arsehole
that's the problem. They tend to take advantage of our good nature.

Tell me something new

Happens to you a lot too?

How I chose to respond to an arsehole is dependent on many factors and
should perhaps be more correctly discussed on aus.socialengineering or
aus.psychology or
aus.how.to.handle.arseholes.and.other.similar.pers onalities

As Tomasso rightly pointed out in a previous post, my original post was
on aus.bicycles and as I readily accepted the cross post to aus.legal I
should really be on topic on both newsgroups, and therefore some of my
main concerns with regards to arseholes would probably be -

I've taken aus.legal back out as we're no longer discussing anything legal related.

(1) To what degree does said arsehole affect my bicycling experience?

I would be a lot more encompassing. Its not just with cycling. I come across
them just walking around, shopping or answering the phone to telemarketers.

(2) Do I have a duty of care towards said arsehole?

Never. ;-)

(3) Does said arsehole have a duty of care towards me?

I've found that they rarely care about anything other than themselves.

(4) Most importantly, do I give a **** about arseholes if I took the
trouble to fix my 24-speed Malvern mountain bike gear cable and I can
just cycle away from said arsehole?

Head in the other direction.

BTW I ride a 35(?) y.o 12-speed road bike right now so maybe I should
make the effort to fix that gear cable on the Malvern but that is
another story for another time

Another day, another thread.

Old January 3rd 10, 01:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Geoff Lock wrote:

[...]

Yeah, it happens. I fell in love with mountain bikes about 20 years ago because
they let me go places road and racing bikes couldn't. I've only had two. My
biggest problems were rust.

Oh yes, the road bike does not handle jumps too well so I try not to
partly because the lock ring on the head stem tends to come loose and
this can make the jump a bit more exciting than planned. My mountain
bikes are OK with jumps (suspension on the front forks are handy) but I
am trying to be as good as Danny MacAskill so I think I may need a bit
more practice as I can only manage 50 cm curbs at the moment

Yeah, for my next one, I'd love suspension on the front forks. As I'm getting
older, the bone jarring bumps are getting more noticeable.