10 Skill Levels

Old February 16th 04, 06:15 PM
James_Potter

Default 10 Skill Levels

I was reading through the 10 skill levels today, when suddenly I
thought: Why are there only skill levels for freestyle skills? What
about MUni/Trials or street?
Someone ought to make a 10 skill levels for MUni and Trials and Street.
Who's with me??

--
James_Potter - OFFICIAL POSTER #1078

-When life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then sit back and watch
the world try to figure out how you did it.-

Old February 16th 04, 06:24 PM
Catboy

That would be pretty cool. Intead of demonstarting x amount of mounts
you could demonstrate x ft. drops per level. Maybe throw some frestyle
in there too.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/.../fc4496df.gif]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

Old February 16th 04, 06:29 PM
thinuniking

no way i was going to make a thread like this i think that would be a
good idea

--
thinuniking - Exeter unicycle meet 28th of feb

If you don't need new underwear it wasn't worth it.
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old February 16th 04, 06:53 PM
Memphis Mud

I'm afraid I would never get to level 10 because I would break both
ankles on level 8's eight foot drop.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old February 16th 04, 06:57 PM
uniextreme

Wow I too was just thinking about this.

Brian

--
uniextreme - Funkadelic Unicyclist

Im riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be everyboys dream-
Bart Simspon
uniextreme's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4708

Old February 16th 04, 06:58 PM
Catboy

If you think about it a ten foot drop wouldnt be that hard to learn
comparitively to the IUF levels. Under level ten it has to have backflip
off of a drop. I can almost backflip on my 20" on my trampoline and am
planning to find a nice 6 foot drop to try it off of, its actually a
goal for me this year. Unfortunately i still have trouble getting the
uni all the way around and under but im sure in a few months ill be able
to do it on the tramp, some of you guys could do it(unicycleboy of
course!) im sure.

Old February 16th 04, 07:00 PM
unidude9

What would the Muni skills be like? Ride X feet on an X class trail?

--
unidude9
unidude9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5045

Old February 16th 04, 07:04 PM
Gilby

For Trials there is the U system.

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old February 16th 04, 08:26 PM
Carol McLean

We're working on it!

The new Skills System will be much broader than the existing 10-level
system and will include a division for trials-type skills.

Carol
Minnesota
USA, Inc. Skills Development Committee Chair

--
Carol McLean - Likes Pedal Pushers
Carol McLean's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3302

Old February 16th 04, 08:48 PM
pluto

Sounds good, shame that to involve muni in there would be awkward.
aaron

--
pluto - Muni obsesive

one or two wheels
+ a mountain
= fun
pluto's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3986

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Youth and Skill - BAH! showard Unicycling 22 February 16th 04 01:09 PM
UUU Levels Testing Mark Wiggins Unicycling 4 January 9th 04 04:39 PM
Trials and Muni skill levels johnglazer Unicycling 8 July 11th 03 12:00 AM