Great moments in triathlism

Old September 20th 10, 07:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Great moments in triathlism

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.
Old September 20th 10, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

Ryan Cousineau wrote in news:a3ba3814-f556-4931-
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

Did that lone yellow shoe at the end have a foot in it?

--
Bill Fred
Old September 20th 10, 08:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Sep 19, 11:39*pm, William Fred wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote in news:a3ba3814-f556-4931-
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

Adri van der Poel wept.

Did that lone yellow shoe at the end have a foot in it? *

Did it wash up in Vancouver? If not, probably not. This
is certainly giving me second thoughts about the
run-bike-swim-last triathlon, on humanitarian grounds.

On the other hand, this video does suggest a new variant
on cyclocross race, possibly even more awesome than
Halloween costume races: fixed-shoe dismounts. We
bolt the shoes to the pedals like for track cyclists, and
at each barrier the CX racers have to get their feet out
of the shoes, run, and remount and get their muddy feet
back into the shoes. Bunnyhoppers will be heckled,
ostracized, and have to do a penalty loop through the
beer tent.

God, I wish LANCE would go to jail already so we could
get on with cyclocross season.

Fredshoeducttaper Ben

Old September 20th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

On Sep 20, 12:00*am, Fredmaster of Brainerd
wrote:
[...]

Some of us have. I saw Mourey put on a school in work-minimization at
Starcrossed. He drafted Trebon for most of the race, making this crazy-
looking Mutt and Jeff duo that was far ahead of the third rider, and
squirted by him in the last 200m or so.

Katerina Nash was solidly dominant, though Wendy Simms gapped everyone
else to cruise home in second.

In fairness to the triathletes, there were some spectacular crashes in
both the Elite men and women races. In an early lap, one brighteyes
tried to use the (concrete, painted) velodrome to arc into a tight
corner. In the rain, this tactic failed spectacularly, and he slid on
his ass at speed for 15 feet or so on the ashphalte apron, going right
under the bar tape.

Old September 20th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Sep 20, 7:31*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

ROTFL, but then I'm easily amused.

UD
Old September 20th 10, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mr. Slate

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

Nice Bloopers!

Old September 21st 10, 06:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Fred

Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote in news:64a059ba-753f-
:

God, I wish LANCE would go to jail already so we could
get on with cyclocross season.

If only he would knock over a bank or something. By god, then we would
have him.

--
Bill Fred
Old September 21st 10, 10:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Beloved Fred No. 1

William Fred wrote:
If only he would knock over a bank or something. By god, then we would
have him.

A blood bank in Spain perchance.
Old September 21st 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Sep 20, 2:31*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

dumbass,

check out this "slide show":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8W_aXzOiCM
Old September 21st 10, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Sep 20, 1:31*am, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKaj...layer_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

Watch the One-Woman-Wave-of-Destruction that takes another rider down
on the far barrier at about 0:39. I think
she grabbed the wrong bike, it seems too big for her....

Great moments in gaudy jerseys Ryan Cousineau Racing 27 September 11th 08 08:19 AM
Wildlife moments Tim Hall UK 8 April 15th 07 08:51 AM
RR: One of Those Moments in the World Corvus Corvax Mountain Biking 1 May 4th 06 03:15 PM
Best moments of Game 1 crit pro Racing 4 October 13th 04 10:43 PM
Great moments in the elite road race in Verona Ewoud Dronkert Racing 22 October 5th 04 03:39 AM