Jim Thorpe rides

Old May 3rd 05, 02:41 PM
Carla A-G

wrote in message
oups.com...

san Jimbo wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote

Since the town of JT is becoming
increasingly bitter towards MTBers, Tamaqua has begun to step up to
the
plate.

snip
Interesting. Carla and I were going to do the last JT MTB festival

but
figured we would bag out... Just couldn't deal with another year of
camping in the rain! but we were thinking of doing a late summer

early
fall trip out that way...

--
Jimbo(san)

Sounds like you guys are starting to feel better....

/s

We've been riding, getting back our riding legs...its been torturous, but
we're getting there, ever so slowly...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old May 3rd 05, 02:45 PM
Carla A-G

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Too bad this is Dave Bucher's last year of running the festival, he used

organize a great show.

Well, maybe people can talk him into doing it at Tamaqua. Praise
someone long enough and they will succomb. I will not be able to go
this year, but if you get up there drop him hints that Tamaqua sure
would be a purdy place to hold a festival!

Either way, it's no reason not to organize your own gathering there.
There are still private campgrounds that don't charge much and allow
alchohol. We could even arrange an AMB-JT. I know some were interested
in having an MTBR gathering there as well.

We're not doing the festival this year. We were seriously considering it,
but decided not to go. We're not in any shape to be tackling those trails at
this point and its rained for the past 3-4 festivals...

We would definitely be interested in an AMB-JT (since we won't be able to
make it out west to AMB-ID this year). Memorial Day is a no good for us but
anytime after would be do-able.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old May 3rd 05, 02:51 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Carla A-G wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

[...]

OK. Sounds like a plan. Maybe in late September when the leaves are
changing. We can tack it onto our club camping/biking trip to JT. The
more, the merrier.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old May 3rd 05, 03:08 PM
Carla A-G

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
OK. Sounds like a plan. Maybe in late September when the leaves are
changing. We can tack it onto our club camping/biking trip to JT. The
more, the merrier.

Excellent! Keep us in the loop.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old May 3rd 05, 03:28 PM

Carla A-G wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

san Jimbo wrote:
[...]

Nothing like being laid up awhile to make every ride sweet. Go slow, be
thankful, and enjoy the privilege.

/s

ps: have you heard from Mr. Corvax? Was/is he in the vicinity? PING!
pss: http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com is coming up.

Old May 3rd 05, 03:44 PM
Carla A-G

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nothing like being laid up awhile to make every ride sweet. Go slow, be
thankful, and enjoy the privilege.

/s

ps: have you heard from Mr. Corvax? Was/is he in the vicinity? PING!
pss: http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com is coming up.

Funny that you should mention him. I sent him an email today because I
hadn't heard from him in a while. Are you going to the NY Bike show? We'll
be attending on Saturday, are you going to be around?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old May 3rd 05, 04:16 PM

Carla A-G wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Nothing like being laid up awhile to make every ride sweet. Go

slow, be
thankful, and enjoy the privilege.

/s

ps: have you heard from Mr. Corvax? Was/is he in the vicinity?

PING!
pss: http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com is coming up.

Funny that you should mention him. I sent him an email today because

hadn't heard from him in a while. Are you going to the NY Bike show?

We'll
be attending on Saturday, are you going to be around?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I should be. See you in the Chunk pit.
http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/tech/devo/index.html

/s

Old May 3rd 05, 04:25 PM
Carla A-G

wrote in message
oups.com...
I should be. See you in the Chunk pit.
http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/tech/devo/index.html

Sweet! See you there, we hung around the Chunk pit for a while last year, I
was not aware that there was going to be a pit this year also...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old May 3rd 05, 05:11 PM

Carla A-G wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I should be. See you in the Chunk pit.
http://www.dclxvi.org/chunk/tech/devo/index.html

Sweet! See you there, we hung around the Chunk pit for a while last

year, I
was not aware that there was going to be a pit this year also...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

They've been there the past couple years. I'm ASSuming....
/s

Old May 3rd 05, 11:59 PM

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Carla A-G wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

[...]

I would be interested too.

Switching to a new bike for long rides [email protected] Techniques 109 April 1st 05 06:03 AM
charity Cycle Rides Peter B UK 14 March 17th 05 03:15 PM
Two Pre-Teen/Teen Tandem Team Rides down now Claire Petersky General 7 February 23rd 05 09:31 PM
Organised rides from Norwich dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers UK 2 January 9th 05 07:55 AM
A pair of great Coker rides nathan Unicycling 3 September 14th 04 05:21 PM