Broken Frame Cap?

Old July 22nd 05, 01:41 AM
skate4flip

Default Broken Frame Cap?

I was out working on my gliding today and when i came back in i noticed
that the little cap on my frame (see arrow on picture) was missing. All
there was an empty hole into the frame and i saw wedged in the middle
was a little thing that looked like the bottom of the frame cap. (is it
called a frame cap?) I think it broke in half and the top part was fell
off. Anyone know how to fix this or have similar problems to this?

| Attachment filename: onza.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/340765|

skate4flip - Level 5
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old July 22nd 05, 03:53 AM
jagur

its not welded over like the yuni frames!?

a open hole into the fork blade under a cap!? OMG that is so freakin
cheap.

better hope nobody fills it up with cement on April fools day.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old July 22nd 05, 03:54 AM
cyberpunk

And I just thought the onza frames were ugly.

(Yuni's are ugly too)

--
cyberpunk - Bruwahaha

The following is the fault of a random google search and catboy.

"Baby Laughs : The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood"

cyberpunk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8923

Old July 22nd 05, 04:06 AM
skate4flip

i went outside and lucky found the piece that broke off. I dont have a
working camera right now so i will attempt to draw the broken parts in
paint? Do you think it would be a good idea to the glue the top piece
back on?

Old July 22nd 05, 04:12 AM
cyberpunk

I really don't know since i've never had a onza frame, but the top cap
dosn't hold any mechanical purpose does it? I mean it just keep
dirt/watere out of the frame, and makes your footing more comfturble,
right? Well if thats the case I see no problem in glueing it back on
other then it might be difficult to get it back off if you ever want to,
but thats nothing a lighter or a hairdryer can't fix.

Old July 22nd 05, 05:39 AM
Catboy

I lost mine on my left side working on gliding too... It'e been gone for
half a year, and has caused no problems...

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

'UPD T-Shirts FOR SALE SOON!!! (Click Me)'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/album661)

Old July 22nd 05, 08:50 AM
deadlydes

i have the same problem with mine.
the cap is only there to keep dirt out so isnt 'REALLY' necessary.
i have tried glueing mine on but that didnt work :-(
i think that a peice of metal should have been welded onto the top of
the fork with these frames. the added weight would have been nothing and
the frame looks a bit crap if you do lose one of the caps.
i think onza should think about this one.

BTW
my mate suggested getting a stopper that goes onto the end of b*ke
handlebars. he said you should get something to fit and they actually
compress into the hole so would be allot more stable.
havent looked onto it yet though

--
deadlydes - Alright Unicyclist

Listen to what I mean not what I say
deadlydes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4345

Old July 22nd 05, 08:51 AM
deadlydes

something like this
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=1219

they are called bar end plugs

Old July 22nd 05, 08:57 AM
mango

deadlydes wrote:
*something like this
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...x?ModelID=1219

they are called bar end plugs *

Hey now, that could look hot!

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old July 22nd 05, 10:29 AM
jagur

there are also bar end plugs that would fit that have flashing red LED's
if you really want to look into it.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Wanted: MTB frame with broken deraileur hanger Roadman Marketplace 0 October 21st 04 12:29 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
LOOK KG 296 CLM Frame/ Fork 54 cm- Medium (Road Version of the KG 296 PKV Track Model) [email protected] Marketplace 0 September 25th 04 09:09 PM
FS: 63cm Italian road/touring frame, 1980's, BEAUTIFUL!! ccrider Marketplace 1 March 11th 04 02:00 PM
Broken Frame Question Jim Edgar General 1 August 26th 03 05:56 PM