Cycling ride to the Xochicalco Archaeological Site (Mexico)

Old January 15th 08, 10:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
erasmo

Default Cycling ride to the Xochicalco Archaeological Site (Mexico)

Hi dear Cyclist:

I would like to share a report of a cycling ride to the Xochicalco
Archaeological Site (Mexico). This report is published in the
following address:

http://tinyurl.com/ysq6lh

Regards

--
Erasmo
http://erasmo.r8.org
Old January 31st 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_5_]

"erasmo"

I am interested in a couple of weeks riding south of Mexico City. If I fly
into Mexico City, is there some bus or train southward I should take to get
out into the countryside---or do you recommend getting on the bike at the
airport and starting south that way?

Pat in TX

Old February 1st 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Pat wrote:
"erasmo"

I am interested in a couple of weeks riding south of Mexico City. If I fly
into Mexico City, is there some bus or train southward I should take to get
out into the countryside---or do you recommend getting on the bike at the
airport and starting south that way?

Video about riding in Mexico City:
http://digave.com/videos/mxhwy-digave_com.mpg.

"And never forget, life ultimately makes failures of all people."
- A. Derleth
Old February 1st 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
erasmo

On Jan 31, 3:02*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"erasmo"

I am interested in a couple of weeks riding south of Mexico City. If I fly
into Mexico City, is there some bus or train southward I should take to get
out into the countryside---or do you recommend getting on the bike at the
airport and starting south that way?

Pat in TX

Hi dear Pat:

I don't know where are you heading of southwise, but I reckon that you
can use any bus line to carry your bicycle with you to any destination
in Mexico

I mean: you could arrive at the airport, and then take an official
airport taxi to arrive at the eastern TAPO bus station (south-east
destinations) or the southern Taxqueña bus station (southern
destinations), and then took a bus for your intended cycling starting
point

[If you happen to arrive on a Sunday, you could use the extensive
subway network with your bicycle to arrive at the bus stations, as the
entrance of bicycles to the subway on Sundays is allowed and free (in
any other day the entering of bicycles to the subway is not allowed]

You need not to pay an extra fee for the carrying of your bicycle in
the luggage boxes of the buses

Perhpas if you could tell me in which place are you planning to start
your ride in the countryside, I could check for you the prices for
that bus travel (alongside lines and times)

I will be more than glad to hear again from you, in order to try to
provide you a soft landing in the mexican roads :-)

Regards

Erasmo
Old February 1st 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
erasmo

On Jan 31, 3:02*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"erasmo"

I am interested in a couple of weeks riding south of Mexico City. If I fly
into Mexico City, is there some bus or train southward I should take to get
out into the countryside---or do you recommend getting on the bike at the
airport and starting south that way?

Pat in TX

Hi Pat:

¿ When are you planning to arrive at the Mexico City airport ?

Perhaps we could arrange a meeting when you arrive, and, if I do have
the time, I would like to "escort" you cycling, from the airport to
the bus station required to reach your southern starting cycling point

I would only need to know when are you arriving at the airport, and
which is your intended cycling starting point in the countryside (to
check the bus lines)

Besides ¿ are you carrying a bicycle lock with you ? You can rest more
relaxed in the bus when you know your bike is already locked to the
luggae boxes when you sleep :-)

Regards

Erasmo
http://erasmo.r8.org