CXT: and we thought H2s were bad...

Old February 23rd 05, 08:28 PM
Neil Brooks

"S o r n i" wrote

Lemon Pledge is a finite resource, too.

"HardwareLust" wrote:

LOL. Thank you! That's the funniest post I've read in a long time.

I nearly messed myself, too!

The Canadian judges may not give him high marks, but I think the guy's
a scream :-)
Old February 23rd 05, 08:40 PM
S o r n i

"HardwareLust" wrote:

LOL. Thank you! That's the funniest post I've read in a long time.

I nearly messed myself, too!

The Canadian judges may not give him high marks, but I think the guy's
a scream :-)

My "sarcams" (sic) is just thinly disguised jealousy of your new rig.

Bastid.

Bill "obviously has problems accepting compliments" S.

Old February 23rd 05, 09:45 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"araby" writes:

Looks suspiciously like a NASCAR bullybike : )

Anything Red Cloud can't afford is a NASCAR bully bike.
But especially stuff like Trek OCLV 5500s.

I've got to admit though, the huge front end does
give the Switchblade a rather bulldog-ish look.
I think the chainguard kind of tempers that.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old February 23rd 05, 10:00 PM
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Mike Beauchamp" writes:
Here's something to sweeten you mood:
http://www.nirve.com/main/cruiser/pr...asp?cid=580.04

Still in bitter mode: ahh, the recent trend of "chopper" bicycles, again
rehasing the idea that bicycles are toys and not transportation devices to
be taken seriously.

I hope that transportation never gets too serious for a
little fun and style once in awhile. Maybe it can be
more a matter of art/craft/design and expression, than
mere play. After all, we all wear different clothing
styles too, rather than everybody wearing unisex generic
white coveralls, like in some futuristic sci-fi B movie.

But I gotta admit, I wouldn't mind having something similar to cruise around
the neighborhood Right now I just got a BMX bike that I salvaged from
someone's garbage that I fixed up and an old 1950's Hawthorne for crusing.

Sorry for the bitterness

No sweat; it's quite understandable. People will make
monstrosities out of anything. It seems trucks and
bicycles are particularly vulnerable to our propensities
in that regard.

cheers,
Tom

Old February 23rd 05, 11:46 PM
Mike Beauchamp

I think you're missing a big issue, though: oil. Last I read, it's a
finite resource . . . and we don't sit on much of it. If we continue

Dude, I'm not missing that point at all...
On a somewhat related note, they are showing the movie "The End Of Suburbia"
this weekend at a film festival here. If you haven't seen it yet, it's quite
interesting.. I saw it once already in the summer during "smog fest". It's
about peak oil production, and of course the end of suburbia.

Mike

Old February 25th 05, 09:29 PM
Maggie

Mike Beauchamp wrote:
I think you're missing a big issue, though: oil. Last I read, it's

finite resource . . . and we don't sit on much of it. If we

continue

Dude, I'm not missing that point at all...
On a somewhat related note, they are showing the movie "The End Of

Suburbia"
this weekend at a film festival here. If you haven't seen it yet,

it's quite
interesting.. I saw it once already in the summer during "smog fest".

It's
about peak oil production, and of course the end of suburbia.

Mike

Is the end of Suburbia a good thing or a bad thing?
Maggie

Old February 26th 05, 12:49 AM
Mike Latondresse

"Maggie" wrote in
oups.com:

Is the end of Suburbia a good thing or a bad thing?
Maggie

It's a good thing as from then on it is country roads and that is the
best riding.

Old February 26th 05, 02:38 AM
RonSonic

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 23:49:12 GMT, Mike Latondresse
wrote:

"Maggie" wrote in
roups.com:

Is the end of Suburbia a good thing or a bad thing?
Maggie

It's a good thing as from then on it is country roads and that is the
best riding.

It's easy to ride country roads starting from the suburbs.

Ron