ID my Mongoose bike?

Old October 13th 03, 07:26 PM
Badger South

Default ID my Mongoose bike?

Hi,

My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:

http://www.trakcycles.com.au/product...tegoryserial/8

....but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it.
($200).

Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which
mongoose it is?

If it -is- that model, is this a good bike for a newbie
heavyweight rider?

I know most ppl say get a hard-tail, but I'm not so heavy that
I don't get use outta the dual-suspension. ;-)

Thanks, and sorry for the semi-lame questions.

-B
--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 14th 03, 04:12 AM
Badger South

In article ,
Badger South wrote:

Hi,

My current trail bike is a Mongoose, and looks like this:

http://www.trakcycles.com.au/product...tegoryserial/8

...but I worry it's a knock-off, since I didnt' pay 389 for it.
($200).

Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which
mongoose it is?

OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The
bike I have is the XR-100, and that is a step below the D.H.

Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

I couldn't find it anywhere so I posted here. THen I got the
idea to look on ebay and found it.

It's a bit on the 'heavy' side at 45lbs. A bit. Yeah.

Maybe this will help someone else.

-B

--
Email Replies to johnsonnospm01j att ntelos dott net
Old October 14th 03, 12:56 PM
Pete

"Badger South" wrote

Is there a version one step below? How can I tell which
mongoose it is?

OK, I'm answering my own question. It's not the D.H 1.5. The
bike I have is the XR-100, and that is a step below the D.H.

Supposedly the retail is $300, and I paid $185ish.

The XR-100 sells at Walmart.com for $149.

Pete