BUC15 Monkey World Ride

Old September 29th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

Default BUC15 Monkey World Ride

I have now heard back from Monkey World regarding a an organised* ride
there from the BUC this year. They are happy to accommodate us, but we
will only get a discounted entrance fee if there is a minimum of 15
people going. I realise that not everyone going to BUC will read this,
but if I can have a quick show of hands if you intend to come then it'll
give me a gauge to the feasibility of it.

So, what do you need to know to help you make up your mind? Well, the
intention is to leave mid-morning on Saturday. (Unfortunately this will
probably clash with hockey, so you may need to prioritise things here.)
The ride itself is 8.5 miles each way, and is on main-ish country roads,
so you'll need to be traffic-savy . It is not a race though, and I
don't mind going at the slowest riders pace - however, for that kind of
distance, I would suggest a 24" as a minimum size. Whilst I am happy to
stay there all day, I would expect that about 2 - 3 hours is enough for
those of you that aren't ape-preciative of fine looking monkeys, so I
expect to be leaving there about mid-afternoon, although the return
journey will be even less organised so you can leave whenever you want.

What is 'Monkey World' (http://www.monkeyworld.co.uk/main.php) like?
Well, it's the primate equivalent of The Ritz, where monkeys that have
been rescued from abuse, torment, labs, the circus and closing zoos can
live out their days in luxury. There's plenty to do for their visitors
too, so you don't just have to look at happy chimps legging it around.
Standard prices are £10.50 adults, £8.75 student and £7.25 children, but
as long as there are 15 or more of us booking in together, they'll drop
to £9.25, £7.75 and £6.25 respectively.

I said I would give them a call with rough numbers on Friday morning,
and confirm final figures early on Saturday. So, if you're up for it,
please let me know ASAP.

STM

* organised? Well, in the loosest possible sense of the world!

--
semach.the.monkey
Old September 29th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
videotoast

semach.the.monkey;1104687 wrote:
[...]

I know, I know...but I have to ask.....

Are any of the mokeys trained to ride uni's? (yeah, not politically
correct, but I find it amusing)

I would go, if I were to attend BUC....I like monkeys and apes!

--
videotoast
Old September 29th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

[image: http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...uemmr/ook.jpg]

*I'm in.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Old September 29th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

hahaha there's a monkey at monkey world called semach!
[image: http://www.monkeyworld.co.uk/graphic...ps/semach.jpg]

Semach is a male chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) who was smuggled into
Israel for the illegal pet trade. He arrived at the park on 28/08/96 and
we estimate he was born during 1994. He was confiscated by Israeli
Authorities from the home of a drug addict. Semach has enormous ears,
loves clowning around, and plays with all the others.

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

'Restoring a Mini Mayfair... It's going to be awesome!!!!!!'
(http://tinyurl.com/6jry36)
'My bebo thingy' (http://www.bebo.com/unicyclist_for_life)
Old September 29th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

MONKEYS ARE AWESOME. I wish I could go to buc!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)
Old September 30th 08, 10:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

This trip might also appeal to non-riders who want an outing, hopefully
those who can't ride it can meet you there by car. If I send out another
email I will ask people to let me know if they want to go, can also ask
when people arriv on Friday so that you ahve a better estimate of
numbers when calling later on friday to confirm.

--
annaats

Anna.
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club - Sundays at 4!

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
Old September 30th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mikepenton

hey monkey fans, remember your high-viz jackets, there's a couple of
nasty stretches on the road to Monkey World...

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
Old October 2nd 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

annaats;1104992 wrote:
This trip might also appeal to non-riders who want an outing, hopefully
those who can't ride it can meet you there by car.

Yeah, I should really have said that the ride is for riders, but the
Monkey World visit is for anyone. So if anyone wants to drive and meet
us there then that'd be cool.

And, as Mike says, hi-viz jackets are a good idea.

And as Blue says, Oook!

And, Grape, yes, Semach is my adopted monkey. It's not just a
coincidence we have the same name! I've been a monkeys uncle for just
over 10 years now

STM

--
semach.the.monkey
Old October 2nd 08, 11:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Sounds cool, I just emailed everyone again and mentioned the monkey
world trip, so will soon be inundated with people letting us know they
want to go I'll also have a sign up list at registration.

--
annaats

Anna.
Southampton Unicycle Hockey Club - Sundays at 4!

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.

BUC15 - Volunteers needed please lsd Unicycling 8 September 18th 08 09:30 AM
BUC15 caravan accomodation availability mikepenton Unicycling 8 September 2nd 08 03:00 PM
BUC15 in 2008? gkmac Unicycling 10 November 21st 07 02:26 PM
RR: To ride with a World Champion Paladin Mountain Biking 14 December 8th 06 05:50 PM
Ride the world Andrew Price General 1 February 26th 04 04:41 PM