Trials video - Thunderbird Park trials comp...

Old August 20th 05, 05:22 AM
andrew_carter

Default Trials video - Thunderbird Park trials comp...

Last sunday I went along to a fantastic trials comp at Thunderbird Park.
It was part of the national competition so there wre lots of riders
there. This time I had a shot at riding Elite. I figured if nothing
else I'd get to see all the good riders riding (although there was also
a Pro category with the country's best riders in it). I had a great
time and seemed to have chosen the right category. Most of the zones
were almost clean-able although I ended up only cleaning one one them.
I still have to work on my dabs.

The video is about 1/3 unicycling and 2/3 bike trials, 2min long, 8MB,
and encoded with DivX so if you have trouble playing it it most likely
means -you need to download the DivX codec from www.divx.com- .

Here's the video - http://tinyurl.com/b6to4

In other news, that same day I was given some free gear as part of a
team sponsorship thing a few of us are involved in.
BBB Freeride pedals (I took these out for a muni ride this morning and
was quite impressed...they're sooo smooth and seem strong) -
http://tinyurl.com/9ehw2
BBB Highliner gloves - http://tinyurl.com/cw8g6
...and some nice BBB sunglasses.

I feel kind of guilty, and keen to get out and do some demos for them.

Anyway, enjoy the video. There's some really nice bike trials in there,
I think.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movies' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/bigmovies)*
___________
WE WORK ON A CONTINGENCY BASIS*?*
NO*,* MONEY DOWN*!*

Old August 20th 05, 05:23 AM
andrew_carter

And a little preview...

| Attachment filename: compilation - thunderbird park.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/350231|

Old August 20th 05, 11:03 AM
oldfatboy

nice video andrew.
thanks.

--
oldfatboy
oldfatboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10599

Old August 20th 05, 11:27 AM
markf

as always a great video. keep up the good work.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old August 20th 05, 05:06 PM
mango

Man, that looks like it must have been alot of fun! You really make it
look easy. You have some good ups...seat in no less!

While watching the bikes I found myself thinking "that looks like
suicide!". I could never do that on a bike. But then they are probably
thinking the same thing about you. heh

I would really like to ride with more trials bikers. Ive only really
ridden with two before. I feel like it pushes me more to go bigger and
try new things when i got someone going huge on a bike around.

Ok, im done rambling. THank you for the vid!!

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old August 21st 05, 12:22 AM
andrew_carter

Thanks guys.

I agree, riding with bikers is great fun. I've made some good mates
through the trials comps who I now ride with and do demos with. I find
that watching them use both of their wheels for extra support,
especially on natural lines encourages me to think about where I can
wedge my wheel between rocks...like in the first clip of the video for
example. I think it really helps give you more stability on natural
lines, and it's also really fun. It can bring more of a strategic
element to trials, not that there isn't one already.

We need to go riding together, mango. Where do you live? I'm hoping
to get to Santa Barbara and to the northshore trails in Canada at some
stage in the next 5 years.

Andrew

PA trials comp unicyclepa Unicycling 23 May 5th 05 01:50 AM
Video - more park trials... andrew_carter Unicycling 11 December 15th 04 08:04 PM
The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited Pablo Ricardo Mountain Biking 69 July 23rd 04 10:40 AM
last call for Park City TV video from Moab mgrant Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 06:19 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM