bromptom spares

Old February 4th 07, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cas

Default bromptom spares

I took the Brom out for the first time in weeks and found that the back
brake was not working very well ,when I checked the brake I found that the
retaining nuts holding the brake on were missing!!and that the whole thing
was coming off and also that the thingy that goes against the down tube,
which is fixed to the brake bolt when folded, was also missing .This meant
that when I tried to lift the bike into the car it unfolded.What a tangle I
got in.Can anyone tell me where I can get a replace ment fast.and what is
the correct name for that part (thingy) thank you..cas

Old February 4th 07, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John B

cas wrote:

I took the Brom out for the first time in weeks and found that the back
brake was not working very well ,when I checked the brake I found that the
retaining nuts holding the brake on were missing!!and that the whole thing
was coming off and also that the thingy that goes against the down tube,
which is fixed to the brake bolt when folded, was also missing .This meant
that when I tried to lift the bike into the car it unfolded.What a tangle I
got in.Can anyone tell me where I can get a replace ment fast.and what is
the correct name for that part (thingy) thank you..cas

Is it the lower stop disc as he

http://biketrax.co.uk/products.php?plid=m6b0s142p265

They seem to have a good selection of spares.

John B

Old February 4th 07, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Thomson

"cas" a écrit:

I took the Brom out for the first time in weeks and found that the back
brake was not working very well ,when I checked the brake I found that the
retaining nuts holding the brake on were missing!!and that the whole thing
was coming off and also that the thingy that goes against the down tube,
which is fixed to the brake bolt when folded, was also missing .This meant
that when I tried to lift the bike into the car it unfolded.What a tangle
I got in.Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement fast.and what is
the correct name for that part (thingy) thank you..cas

It seems to be called a "Brompton Lower Stop Disc".

Two mail order sources a

http://www.biketrax.co.uk/products.php?plid=m6b0s142p0

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-B...QLSDA-2915.htm

I'm sure you'll find others. Your friendly local Brompton dealer will surely
stock spares as well.

Note that the brakes were upgraded between the Mk2 and Mk3 Bromptons. I
don't know if Mk3 will fit older bikes.

HTH

James Thomson

Old February 5th 07, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sam Salt

James Thomson wrote:
"cas" a écrit:

[...]

I recently bought some Brompton spares from he-

http://www.jejamescycles.com/searchU...earch=Brompton

Cheapest I could find plus free postage,unlike the Bandits of Bridgewater.

Sam Salt

Sidi spares David Lloyd UK 4 October 19th 06 01:24 PM
Campag spares Andy Cox UK 6 October 10th 06 03:26 PM
Never enough spares Brian G UK 1 August 5th 06 06:28 PM
bromptom folding pedals john malins UK 0 June 1st 06 04:36 PM
FS: Box of spares Lou Deeter Marketplace 1 February 15th 05 02:44 PM