A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 22nd 18, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,232
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.


We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?


Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his next
link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll in a
jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck into various
dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that said it.
Ads
  #12  
Old July 22nd 18, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,644
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2:51:57 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have insurance
and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle riding.


We are all waiting for you to cite such a case.
Do you have one or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?


Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his next
link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll in a
jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck into various
dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that said it.


Yes, I know it was.
Because the bigots could not accept the fact that most home insurance contains a public liability clause covering the policy holder against all liabilities with a few exceptions. One of those being the use of MOTOR vehicles.
  #13  
Old July 22nd 18, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,232
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 22/07/18 21:59, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2:51:57 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have
insurance and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle
riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case. Do you have one
or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?


Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his
next link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything
here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll
in a jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck
into various dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that
said it.


Yes, I know it was. Because the bigots could not accept the fact that
most home insurance contains a public liability clause covering the
policy holder against all liabilities with a few exceptions. One of
those being the use of MOTOR vehicles.


Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then comes
the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a vehicle.) Needless
to say the ones of little brain can't find the section of the document
where the insurer gives us *their* definition of a vehicle.
  #14  
Old July 23rd 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,644
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:56:04 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/07/18 21:59, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2:51:57 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have
insurance and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle
riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case. Do you have one
or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his
next link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything
here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll
in a jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck
into various dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that
said it.


Yes, I know it was. Because the bigots could not accept the fact that
most home insurance contains a public liability clause covering the
policy holder against all liabilities with a few exceptions. One of
those being the use of MOTOR vehicles.


Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then comes
the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a vehicle.) Needless
to say the ones of little brain can't find the section of the document
where the insurer gives us *their* definition of a vehicle.


Not Mine
All legal liabilities anywhere in the world.
Except motor and electric vehicles, with an exception to the exception of electrically powered bicycles.


Bit of a downer for those gleefully anticipating compulsory insurance for electric bicycles because I already have it and I doubt Nationwide's policy is unique in this.


  #15  
Old July 23rd 18, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,644
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) at all.

On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:49:15 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:56:04 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/07/18 21:59, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 2:51:57 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/07/18 14:04, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 7:21:00 AM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
"85% are not covered at all."

But we are always told the vast majority of cyclists do have
insurance and how their fridge freezer cover applies to bicycle
riding.

We are all waiting for you to cite such a case. Do you have one
or are you mature enough to admit you are wrong?

Not a chance. He's too busy scanning hundreds of news sites for his
next link proving how evil cyclists are to respond to anything
here.

I believe the fridge freezer thing was put forward by another troll
in a jibe about home contents insurance. Somehow it's got stuck
into various dementia riddled brains that it was a cyclist that
said it.

Yes, I know it was. Because the bigots could not accept the fact that
most home insurance contains a public liability clause covering the
policy holder against all liabilities with a few exceptions. One of
those being the use of MOTOR vehicles.


Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then comes
the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a vehicle.) Needless
to say the ones of little brain can't find the section of the document
where the insurer gives us *their* definition of a vehicle.


Not Mine
All legal liabilities anywhere in the world.
Except motor and electric vehicles, with an exception to the exception of electrically powered bicycles.


Bit of a downer for those gleefully anticipating compulsory insurance for electric bicycles because I already have it and I doubt Nationwide's policy is unique in this.


Curiously the fridge freezer section only mentions food, not bicycles.

Another bit of bad news for Cheerless and one that will make him impotent for weeks no matter how many stories about cyclists he manages to find.
  #16  
Old July 23rd 18, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,232
Default Expert says: 85% (of cyclists) are not covered (by insurance) atall.

On 23/07/18 09:56, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:49:15 AM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:56:04 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:


Without checking I think the wording is just "vehicle use". (Then
comes the usual newsnet argument about the definition of a
vehicle.) Needless to say the ones of little brain can't find the
section of the document where the insurer gives us *their*
definition of a vehicle.


I meant, obviously, I think the wording [for the PL exception] is just
"vehicle use".

Not Mine All legal liabilities anywhere in the world. Except motor
and electric vehicles, with an exception to the exception of
electrically powered bicycles.

Bit of a downer for those gleefully anticipating compulsory
insurance for electric bicycles because I already have it and I
doubt Nationwide's policy is unique in this.


Perhaps it's changed since I last looked. The Nationwide is a reseller
so all policies from the same wholesaler are probably the same.

Curiously the fridge freezer section only mentions food, not
bicycles.


No way!

Another bit of bad news for Cheerless and one that will make him
impotent for weeks no matter how many stories about cyclists he
manages to find.




 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cyclists to get cheaper insurance Alycidon UK 45 December 3rd 15 10:25 AM
Auto Insurance for Cyclists Bret Cahill UK 0 September 28th 15 07:43 AM
An expert view on cyclists with headphones Mrcheerful UK 15 May 8th 14 11:17 AM
Cyclists 'urged to get insurance' Simon Mason UK 3 November 27th 11 03:04 AM
Insurance for Cyclists? John UK 10 July 25th 05 10:18 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.