Karapoti Results- we want more riders next year!

Old March 12th 04, 11:34 AM
GizmoDuck

Default Karapoti Results- we want more riders next year!

For those interested especially if you're from NZ- check out last
weekends Karapoti Classic results:
'Karapoti Classic' (http://tinyurl.com/35of3)

Most people were about 15min slower than last year owing to the recent
storms, landslips, and giant boulders that littered this years course.
The river this year came up to my waist as did the bog I faceplanted
into.

Tony and I used Cokers with 150mm cranks, which was way optimistic- I
went faster last year on a 29'er.

--
GizmoDuck - Adventure unicyclist

o-kO

Old March 12th 04, 11:39 AM
andrew_carter

Wow, great work! I really wanted to join you guys this year...maybe
next year if airfares are a little cheaper. Any photos?

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 16/02 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

Old March 12th 04, 11:43 AM
GizmoDuck

Yeah, Tony said you are just starting out at Uni this year- so you must
be busy getting yourself settled in anyway. What did you decide to
study in the end?

Just for your interest- the race were both won by Aussies

Peter Hatton took our the mens race and Lisa Matheson (2 time and
?current juniour world champ) took out the womens race.

Old March 13th 04, 01:29 AM
andrew_carter

I chose architecture and after two weeks at uni I'm pretty confident
that I made the right decision. I wonder if we will see a unicycle domination as well next year?
Not unless I get a new unicycle fitted with some kind of jet pack and
some robotic prosthetic legs. If I do make it along I'll be very happy
staying within an hour behind Tony.

Andrew

Old March 25th 04, 01:38 AM
GizmoDuck

NZ Unicyclists,

The Karapoti will be televised tonight Sky Sport 2 at 6.30pm

Actually, it will be shown a few times:
Thursday March 25 – 6:30pm – Sky Sport 2
Thursday March 25 – 11:00pm – Sky Sport 1
Tuesday March 30 – 2:00am – Sky Sport 1

Watch out for Tony, Steve, Joe and Me!

p/s- almost forgot the pics from the weekend, will upload later this
week.

Old March 25th 04, 08:53 PM
GizmoDuck

Just watched it after taping last night. There's a good shot of Joe
tearing down the Karapoti Gorge and also of Steve racing across the
finish line with a big grin on his face. There was a couple of shots of
me at the river and stream crossings, but the commentator called me
short and said I was riding on 28" when in fact I had 8" more
under me.