Strangest place you've built a wheel

Old November 13th 04, 09:09 PM
Mojoe

Default Strangest place you've built a wheel

What is the strangest place you've built a wheel? For me, it would be
the wheel I built in the minivan on a four hour drive last Easter. I had
owned the rim and hub for awile, but was waiting on spokes. I chased
down the UPS lady, who had my spokes, before we left so I could build
the wheel on the way to Easter dinner. I built the wheel, installed the
Luna trials tire(very hard indeed), installed the cranks, pedals and put
the wheel in my frame all before we arrived four hours later. I even
aired up the tire in the van before we stopped. Jumped out of the van
ready to ride.

Mojoe

--
Mojoe - DILLIGAF

Nothing to see here... move along.
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old November 13th 04, 09:22 PM
Brian MacKenzie

my living room

--
Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

Forthcoming DVD
TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
'8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer1.wmv)

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
*109* reviews on *73* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old November 14th 04, 07:41 AM
harper

I once built a wheel in the Mariana Trench using remote technology and
psychokinesis (heavy on the psycho). I built the wheel with components
made entirely from ice so it was a short lived project. The nipple
threads were tricky. I gave the wheel to Prince Charles as a Chanukah
gift. I didn't realize he wasn't really Welsh he was just the Prince of
Wales. How embarrassing. I always thought they wore tall yarmulkes in
Wales anyway.

--
harper - Riding a Fat

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"You go through life and you choose." - Greg Harper

"Find weak people and take stuff from them" - Greg Harper

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Spoke 'wind-up' question Dan Daniel Techniques 143 September 3rd 04 06:16 PM
Built my first wheel Simonb UK 8 March 21st 04 09:34 PM
Wheel Rebuilding TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 16 January 1st 04 10:55 AM
Coker and Flywheel effect Klaas Bil Unicycling 53 October 31st 03 11:40 PM