Primo Viking Clamp is way too big

Old June 29th 04, 01:55 AM
KcTheAcy

Default Primo Viking Clamp is way too big

I got a black Primo Viking seat post clamp and it doesn’t even come
close to making contact with my frame or seat post.
Did I get the wrong size? Should I return it or put some shims in it?
How should I make the shims?

-Kaycee

--
KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

--Kaycee[image: http://home.maine.rr.com/kaycees/sbemail101aaa[2].gif]
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Old June 29th 04, 02:09 AM
canadianrugby

I had the same problem to, the primo seat post was to big for my uni so
I returned it and found a smaller bmx, I suggest you do the same because
by putting shims on you wont be able to get the clamp tight enough. Also
where did you get your clamp from? if you got it from a mail order store
measure the size of your seat tube and email them asking if they have
any in that size, what I did though is I went to my local bike shop with
my uni and tried the new clamp to see if I fitted before i bought it.

--
canadianrugby - 20" large
canadianrugby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6905

Old June 29th 04, 02:15 AM
Max_Dingemans

The primo viking comes in many sizes, and if you're using a 7/8
seatpost, you might have ordered the 1" thinking that's what you need.
Or, something like that. They do fit a little loose though, if it's
less than 1/16th loose than you probably have the right size, otherwise
probably not.

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

BLAH!
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old June 29th 04, 02:19 AM
jagur

did you flip it over and try the other side?

--
jagur - #3649_all fluff i hear?

[image:
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums...get_Your_Life-

Old June 29th 04, 02:49 AM
cline

Max_Dingemans wrote:
*The primo viking comes in many sizes, and if you're using a 7/8
seatpost, you might have ordered the 1" thinking that's what you need.
Or, something like that. They do fit a little loose though, if it's
less than 1/16th loose than you probably have the right size,
otherwise probably not. *

Actually, a 1" Primo clamp is the right size for a 7/8" seatpost - the
clamp size refers to the seat tube. My LBS has a catalog with two sizes
of Primo Viking: 1" and a 1/4". I very carefully asked them to order
the smaller of the two, so they did the opposite. I had to wait an
extra week for the replacement.

--
cline
cline's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6297

Old June 29th 04, 03:33 AM
Max_Dingemans

yeah, that's the idea I meant. I just wasnt sure which way it was.
Thanks for the clear up.

Old June 29th 04, 01:06 PM
KcTheAcy

jagur wrote:
*did you flip it over and try the other side? *

Yes I did but even when tightened all the way on the skinner side it
sill was to big

Old June 29th 04, 07:36 PM
Worminton

So you mean you didn't get a banjo?

--
Worminton - Owner of a new Chromatic Harmonica

Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
my African American Brother."

"LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
-My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568

Old June 30th 04, 12:38 AM
KcTheAcy

Worminton wrote:
*So you mean you didn't get a banjo? *

Nope I got all the right parts...Kind-of