Well, at least we haven't had landslides or cougar encounters

Old April 23rd 17, 03:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Default Well, at least we haven't had landslides or cougar encounters

As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old April 23rd 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Is there still campig at Le Breton Flats?

Cheers
Old April 23rd 17, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

Sir Ridesalot wrote in
:

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in
spots. http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

Is there still campig at Le Breton Flats?

Prpbably not, as it is being redeveloped. Condos are going up everywhere,
and an arena is to be built to move the Ottawa Senators closer to the
downtown.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/LebretonFlatsPark
Old April 23rd 17, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 14:24:13 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

Water is not a problem:
https://www.google.com/search?q=water+bicycle&tbm=isch

This looks like a quick and easy bolt on solution:
http://inhabitat.com/transportation-tuesday-the-diy-floating-water-bike/

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old April 26th 17, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

This happened across the river from Lebreton Flats:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...iver-1.4086477.

Old April 26th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

This happened across the river from Lebreton Flats:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...iver-1.4086477.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Too bad. The video is taken with the camera pointed pretty close to the fronttire but the person says it's a downhill where you can hit 40 KPH (25 mph) pretty quickly. I wonder if the dead bicyclsit had swereved to miss another bicyclist(s) coming the opposite way?

Cheers
Old April 27th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 3:27:12 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

This happened across the river from Lebreton Flats:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...iver-1.4086477.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Too bad. The video is taken with the camera pointed pretty close to the fronttire but the person says it's a downhill where you can hit 40 KPH (25 mph) pretty quickly. I wonder if the dead bicyclsit had swereved to miss another bicyclist(s) coming the opposite way?

Looking at the video, that seems plausible -- and terribly sad if they did not stop.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old April 27th 17, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

Water is not a problem:
https://www.google.com/search?q=water+bicycle&tbm=isch

This looks like a quick and easy bolt on solution:
http://inhabitat.com/transportation-tuesday-the-diy-floating-water-bike/

Much of the Ottawa River around here is white water aggravated by spring run-
off. You would not get me out on one of those, save on those stretches of the
Rideau that are part of the canal system, and the Ottawa below Parliament Hill.
Old April 27th 17, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 6:27:12 PM UTC-4, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27:24 AM UTC-4, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
As Spring unfolds in Ottawa, it is getting in the way of my riding in spots.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/NCCflooding

This happened across the river from Lebreton Flats:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...iver-1.4086477.
--

Too bad. The video is taken with the camera pointed pretty close to the
fronttire but the person says it's a downhill where you can hit 40 KPH (25
mph) pretty quickly. I wonder if the dead bicyclsit had swereved to miss
another bicyclist(s) coming the opposite way?

Wildlife is more likely than another cyclist. Another cyclist would have heard
the crash or splash and would have stopped to investigate, I would think.
Old April 27th 17, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 27/04/2017 9:57 AM, wrote:
[...]

Or a car coming from the other direction and taking the turn too wide.

Maybe he just lost it at that turn. If he didn't know what to expect he
may have gone too wide and caught the edge of the road.