Police speeding blitz catches danger drivers

Old November 10th 11, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Police speeding blitz catches danger drivers

"A SPEEDING blitz has caught villagers driving at up to 52mph on a
road well-known for fast cars.

The four motorists were stopped by PC Stuart Francis as they travelled
down Nettleden Road, Little Gaddesden, on Thursday, October 6.

They had all been travelling at above 40mph in the 30mph zone, Mr
Francis told a meeting of Little Gaddesden Parish Council on Monday.

Two of the people caught lived nearby – and the other two had family
who did.

Mr Francis said he was shocked the speeders were locals rather than
people using the road to travel between Luton and Hemel Hempstead.

He said: “This kind of speeding is worrying and serious.”

http://www.hemeltoday.co.uk/news/loc...rs_1_316 9964

--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 11, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
"A SPEEDING blitz has caught villagers driving at up to 52mph on a
road well-known for fast cars.

The four motorists were stopped by PC Stuart Francis as they travelled
down Nettleden Road, Little Gaddesden, on Thursday, October 6.

They had all been travelling at above 40mph in the 30mph zone, Mr
Francis told a meeting of Little Gaddesden Parish Council on Monday.

Two of the people caught lived nearby – and the other two had family
who did.

Mr Francis said he was shocked the speeders were locals rather than
people using the road to travel between Luton and Hemel Hempstead.

He said: “This kind of speeding is worrying and serious.”

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

Old November 10th 11, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ret.[_5_]

On 10/11/2011 09:26, Mr Benn wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
"A SPEEDING blitz has caught villagers driving at up to 52mph on a
road well-known for fast cars.

The four motorists were stopped by PC Stuart Francis as they travelled
down Nettleden Road, Little Gaddesden, on Thursday, October 6.

They had all been travelling at above 40mph in the 30mph zone, Mr
Francis told a meeting of Little Gaddesden Parish Council on Monday.

Two of the people caught lived nearby – and the other two had family
who did.

Mr Francis said he was shocked the speeders were locals rather than
people using the road to travel between Luton and Hemel Hempstead.

He said: “This kind of speeding is worrying and serious.”

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

When I was the Inspector i/c of policing at Frodsham in Cheshire, I
attended a parish council meeting at a small village within my 'patch'.
One of the issues raised was cars speeding through the village. I spoke
with my colleagues on traffic and arranged for an officer to do some
hand-held radar checks. The first person to be caught exceeding the 30
limits was----- the chairman of the parish council!

--
Kev

Justice? You get justice in the next world,
in this world you have the law...
William Gaddis

Old November 10th 11, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 10, 10:34*am, "Ret." wrote:

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

When I was the Inspector i/c of policing at Frodsham in Cheshire, I
attended a parish council meeting at a small village within my 'patch'.
One of the issues raised was cars speeding through the village. I spoke
with my colleagues on traffic and arranged for an officer to do some
hand-held radar checks. The first person to be caught exceeding the 30
limits was----- the chairman of the parish council!

IME, the worst culprits for speeding are the police themselves.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 10th 11, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ret.[_5_]

On 10/11/2011 10:53, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 10, 10:34 am, wrote:

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

When I was the Inspector i/c of policing at Frodsham in Cheshire, I
attended a parish council meeting at a small village within my 'patch'.
One of the issues raised was cars speeding through the village. I spoke
with my colleagues on traffic and arranged for an officer to do some
hand-held radar checks. The first person to be caught exceeding the 30
limits was----- the chairman of the parish council!

IME, the worst culprits for speeding are the police themselves.

And just what is your experience of police driving?

Old November 10th 11, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

On Nov 10, 10:34 am, wrote:

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

When I was the Inspector i/c of policing at Frodsham in Cheshire, I
attended a parish council meeting at a small village within my 'patch'.
One of the issues raised was cars speeding through the village. I spoke
with my colleagues on traffic and arranged for an officer to do some
hand-held radar checks. The first person to be caught exceeding the 30
limits was----- the chairman of the parish council!

IME, the worst culprits for speeding are the police themselves.

And just what is your experience of police driving?

When I used to commute to Watford in the 90s I regularly saw unmarked police
cars doing dangerous overtaking manouvers on the A41. But thats ok, because it
was "training". I can only assume some members of the police think their
vehicles obey different laws of physics to everyone elses and won't
cause any damage if they have a head on.

B2003

Old November 10th 11, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ret.[_5_]

On Nov 10, 10:34 am, wrote:

[...]

The problem is that most drivers who have never undergone advanced high
speed driver training, would not recognise safe driving if if hit them
in the face.

The whole point of police advanced driver training (given only to
potential traffic officers) is to hone their driving skills and decision
making abilities, to a dramatically higher level than your average
motorist who has only been trained to DVLA driving test standard.

The result of this is what may appear to you to be a dangerous
overtaking manoeuvre is actually nothing of the sort when undertaken by
a skilled advanced driver in a high powered car.

Old November 10th 11, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Man at B&Q

On Nov 10, 9:14*am, Simon Mason wrote:
"A SPEEDING blitz has caught villagers driving at up to 52mph on a
road well-known for fast cars.

The four motorists were stopped by PC Stuart Francis as they travelled
down Nettleden Road, Little Gaddesden, on Thursday, October 6.

They had all been travelling at above 40mph in the 30mph zone, Mr
Francis told a meeting of Little Gaddesden Parish Council on Monday.

Two of the people caught lived nearby – and the other two had family
who did.

Mr Francis said he was shocked the speeders were locals

He needs to get out more.

MBQ
Old November 10th 11, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 10, 10:34 am, *wrote:

It's very often the locals who are the first to complain about speeding
motorists.

When I was the Inspector i/c of policing at Frodsham in Cheshire, I
attended a parish council meeting at a small village within my 'patch'..
One of the issues raised was cars speeding through the village. I spoke
with my colleagues on traffic and arranged for an officer to do some
hand-held radar checks. The first person to be caught exceeding the 30
limits was----- the chairman of the parish council!

IME, the worst culprits for speeding are the police themselves.

And just what is your experience of police driving?

What about parking in disabled bays while they nip out for a kebab and
newspaper?

--
Simon Mason

The danger of riding among drivers, even with a helmet Doug[_3_] UK 0 November 24th 10 08:06 AM
How to get speeding drivers to slow down. Simon Mason UK 80 May 20th 09 11:48 AM
Police said a pack of speeding cyclists that someone [email protected] Australia 0 May 6th 08 03:30 PM
drivers speeding away nash General 68 February 15th 07 06:13 PM
Four-hour blitz nabs 175 city drivers Shabby Australia 8 February 15th 06 08:42 AM