Careless cyclist sued for 2,500 for damage to car.

Old July 17th 13, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Careless cyclist sued for 2,500 for damage to car.

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

Old July 17th 13, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

She'll be fine, her fridge freezer insurance will cover that.

Old July 17th 13, 12:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:26:12 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

I do hope that her fridge freezer insurance was up to date.

(The helmet can not have protected her at all, as it broke with the impact)
Old July 17th 13, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:22:29 +0100, "Partac" wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

She'll be fine, her fridge freezer insurance will cover that.

Bugger - I have just posted similar - you beat me to it (again !!)

Old July 17th 13, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Piatkow

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:26:12 AM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

Looking on Google the sight lines and the junction are poor and you can't see what's coming until you draw right up to the stop line. Perhaps that explains why a stop line was painted on the road!
Old July 17th 13, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

On 17/07/2013 10:22, Partac wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!

Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

She'll be fine, her fridge freezer insurance will cover that.

Normal house contents insurance will, yes.
Old July 17th 13, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/07/2013 08:26, Mrcheerful wrote:

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!
Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

QUOTE:
Zoe Mack, 19, from St Johns Road, was taken to Exeter County Court last
week and ordered to pay for the damage caused to the car following the
accident last August along the Exton section of the trail.
ENDQUOTE

Still, her parents' house contents or fridge0-freezer insurance will
cover that. I expect. Probably.

QUOTE:
Zoe ... called the junction ‘dangerous’ because a hedge blocks the view
of traffic coming from the right.
ENDQUOTE

Do you know what?

I've lost count of the number of junctions like that. But I've never
come to grief at any of them through assuming that because I couldn't
see any traffic, there was no traffic.

My fridge-freezer insurance is intact - never had to make a claim.
Old July 17th 13, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:28:05 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 17/07/2013 08:26, Mrcheerful wrote:

Typical cyclist: It wasn't her fault, it was the road layout !!!!
Still at least her helmet saved her head.

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news...rash_1_2282389

QUOTE:
Zoe Mack, 19, from St Johns Road, was taken to Exeter County Court last
week and ordered to pay for the damage caused to the car following the
accident last August along the Exton section of the trail.
ENDQUOTE

Still, her parents' house contents or fridge0-freezer insurance will
cover that. I expect. Probably.

Isn't third party insurance for cyclists compulsory?

Careless cyclist goes over the handlebars Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 7 May 11th 13 05:15 AM
Child Cyclist Sued JMS UK 9 October 31st 10 06:49 PM
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage to his car POHB UK 25 February 1st 08 09:06 AM
Spanish driver sues dead crash cyclist for damage Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ® General 0 January 28th 08 01:03 AM
If I hit someone will I get sued Bazza555 Australia 23 October 1st 04 08:15 AM