Wacko Environmentalists....

Old May 24th 06, 12:22 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default Wacko Environmentalists....

.....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

Old May 24th 06, 01:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"Mikie" wrote in message
oups.com...
....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

Errr the human race is destroying the Earth without a doubt, unless measures
are taken to reduce pollution our childrens children won't be having a happy
life!

Old May 24th 06, 03:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Mikie wrote:
....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

I'm with you. People need to learn a little EARTH HISTORY. There were
times when the suns output combined with a higher CO2 content in the
atmosphere than we have now when there was no permanent ice at either
pole. No permanent ice people. The volcanoes belch out more
greenhouse gasses than all 6 billion people on earth. There is no
'delicate balance' that exists on earth, if there were, we wouldn't be
here, NO life would be here.

x1134x

Old May 24th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

x1134x wrote:
Mikie wrote:
[...]

But...but...Al Gore says we're all going to be under water in, like, a few
months!

Bill "it's in a movie so it mus---- ggggrrrrggggggllglglglglglg" S.

Old May 24th 06, 07:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

"x1134x" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mikie wrote:
[...]

Hold on, being logical is not an option

Old May 24th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Mikie wrote:
....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

WTF does your post have to do with mountain biking?
Old May 24th 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
x1134x wrote:

Mikie wrote:

[...]

"I'm super-dooper serial guys. Why won't anyone listen to me?!"
Old May 24th 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

x1134x wrote:
Mikie wrote:

[...]

Far be it that data sully your argument. Nevertheless, I am compelled:

http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/Gases/man.html

http://www.geology.sdsu.edu/how_volc...e_effects.html

from: http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/1998/98_10_22.html

"On the Big Island, we have a significant natural source of greenhouse
gas. Kilauea volcano emits more than 700,000 tons of CO2 each year, less
than 0.01% of the yearly global contribution by human sources. For some
local perspective, this is about the same amount of CO2 as is emitted by
132,000 sport utility vehicles (there are 118,000 registered vehicles on
the island)."

Shawn
Old May 24th 06, 08:40 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Mikie wrote:
....would rather see the US turn into a second rate 3rd world country .

Isn't it being pesumptuous that the Great Creator of all things , seen
and unseen , created the world, but we little insignifican nothings can
destroy it? Sure we can dirty it, I understand that. I burn up when I
read the left wing commie posts about the environment. To me it appears
that this is just a power bandwagon that a few wackos jump on for a
free ride.

No more, please!

Whew, now that you've said that it will surely stop!

But seriously:
What the world really needs is more reasonable environmentalists. Guys
like MV hurt their causes by taking a group of people who have a similar
idea, like "We should take steps to help preserve what we have" and pits
them against each other with his "you're either with me or against me"
extremist viewpoints.
Given that choice by a whacko, any reasonable person would choose to be
against him. When really, a more moderate approach like "We should try
and ride bikes more and drive less" is something almost anyone can
understand and participate in. Greater numbers of people doing a few
little things is going to have a bigger impact than a few extremists
doing or saying radical things.

Matt
Old May 24th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Shawn wrote:
x1134x wrote:

Mikie wrote:

[...]

You and your "facts". Whacko!