On the constant malice of the petty scum on RBT

Old September 1st 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
MikeWhy

Default On the constant malice of the petty scum on RBT

Andre Jute wrote:
On Sep 1, 12:32 am, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Aug 31, 9:23 pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
There's something else important about the Mac that isn't often
mentioned. Anyone who has been conscientious about transferring
his data as new storage media appeared has lost *nothing*. Can
any PC/ Microsoft user truly say that? Mo I can search
thirty-year-old data from my desktop and it hardly ever needs
work, and then just a little, to make it presentable. Who can say
that in the PC/Microsoft world?

Yes, I can say that. This XP boot image was installed in Jan, 2001,
making it this moment a few months short of it's 10th birthday.

So you can't really say that your OS vendor has protected your data
integrity for 30 years, can you? Ten years is a looooong way short
of 30 years.

I have some old tapes and disks from the old C64, but I'm thinking
that's still a year or two too young. Gawd. What a pack rat you must
be.

I raise you some microcassettes from an Epson PX8 laptop (called an
Epson Paris in the States)...In fact, you can still get those
microcassettes as they're a current standard in Olympus and other
microrecorders.

Andre Jute
Gawd, what did I do with those magnetic strips we used to feed the
Olivetti Programma 101, the first desktop computer (c1968)?

Now that you mention it, if I dig deep enough, I'll find punched card decks.
1970 would be the first. Not that I'd want it, even for bragging rights on
your Paris (never heard of it). That was a fun stroll down memory lane. 30
years. There's a fixer stain on my darkroom table about that old.

Old September 1st 10, 05:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.rides
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sep 1, 4:14*am, "MikeWhy" wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:

MikeWhy
I have some old tapes and disks from the old C64, but I'm thinking
that's still a year or two too young. Gawd. What a pack rat you must
be.

Andre Jute
I raise you some microcassettes from an Epson PX8 laptop (called an
Epson Paris in the States)...In fact, you can still get those
microcassettes as they're a current standard in Olympus and other
microrecorders.

Andre Jute:
Gawd, what did I do with those magnetic strips we used to feed the
Olivetti Programma 101, the first desktop computer (c1968)?

MikeWhy:
Now that you mention it, if I dig deep enough, I'll find punched card decks.
1970 would be the first. Not that I'd want it, even for bragging rights on
your Paris (never heard of it). That was a fun stroll down memory lane. 30
years. There's a fixer stain on my darkroom table about that old.

Andre Jute:
My first computer had glowing thermionic tubes and we communicated
with it by a sort of teletype keyboard. Honest. A cousin of mine who
ran a big insurance company gave me this obsolete computer against a
promise to remove it tidily, for which purpose I brought the entire
school of electrical engineering (now just that detail tells one it
happened in the mists of history!). My college built a temperature and
humidity controlled temple for it and one of my sporting sponsors gave
a fund to pay white coats to tend it. Among other things I used that
clumsy computer to design better hemi-heads for my racing engines. Six
years later you could buy a scientific calculator that weighed perhaps
a pound that could do everything that hall full of computer did in a
fraction of the time The calculator cost my girlfriend about a quarter
of her month's salary and everyone marveled at how cheap such elevated
electronics had become! -- today you can get several maxed-out Apple
Macs for that much. (I was so grateful for the calculator, I gave her
a Porsche. Thus true love was cemented forever.)

Andre Jute
Reformed petrol head
Car-free since 1992
Greener than thou!

Certainly not malice Dylan Smith UK 19 October 27th 07 09:15 AM
Rear Tire constant flats making me mad! Jose Capco Techniques 9 August 26th 07 12:53 PM
Should bar tape have sporadic or constant adhesive? Iain Dalton Techniques 9 September 12th 06 11:08 PM
constant punctures driving me mad....... Sylvian Stone UK 14 November 11th 04 10:47 PM
dirty scum Temp3st UK 11 September 12th 03 12:04 PM