Unicycling tennis

Old June 24th 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gumba23

Default Unicycling tennis

has anyone ever tried it i did it against my garage did about 5 hits i
just wondered weather anyone else had ever played tennis on a unicycle?

--
Gumba23
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mcnuggets300

nope
sounds incredibly hard though
might wanna play doubles to have a decent game

--
mcnuggets300

there's the right way, there's the wrong way, and there's my way

pkplonker's got it right:
~''~ Unicycle for the Flying Spaghetti Monster ~''~
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I've done the same with a basket ball. I think tennis could be played if
you could ride backwards and iddle well.

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

don't follow Jesus, follow me!

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gumba23

mcnuggets300 wrote:
nope
sounds incredibly hard though
might wanna play doubles to have a decent game

yea you would have to play doubles someone should try it i would but i
dont know 1 other unicyclist who is local to me nether mind 3

--
Gumba23
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

I was thinking about this a few days ago when my wife made me hit some
balls with her. She said that there's competitive wheelchair tennis,
and the main difference is that two bounces are allowed before the ball
is hit. So, I guess uni-tennis would be possible with the two bounce
rule if you are good enough at unicycling and tennis.

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

NO, but I have played PingPong on my unicycle. On the 20" uni's you can
Idle there and play. Ill try tennis one of these days.

EDIT: just thought Id add..so far Ive done football, frisbee, pingpong,
hockey, and basketball on my uni.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com
For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain

"kissing isn't what keeps me up to my elbows in placenta all day
long..."
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

I think tennis wouldn't work very well on a unicycle. You can't move
laterally, which really affects your ability to react to a volley
coming at tennis speeds, and it's even worse when you're idling. Balls
sports work on a unicycle if they are slow-paced enough that you don't
need to react to the ball immediately.

I don't see how the two-bounce rule would help much; the ball will be
moving faster than you can ride, so if you can't get to it on the first
bounce, you won't get to it.

Maybe it would work if you slowed it down by playing it over a
volleyball net rather than a tennis net.

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 24th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Similar experience to tholub; you have to change directions awfully
quick, which makes tennis a lot less fun than basketball or hockey on
unicycles.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 25th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

you know what's real fun, unicycle paintball.

--
kerosian

I used to get high on life, until I built up a tolerance, so now I
unicycle.
KH24 - Lovin' It!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 25th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

kerosian wrote:
you know what's real fun, unicycle paintball.

I have to try that someday. I'll tell my friends to lend me 1 of their
MUni and we'll play paintball.

Another would be unicycle football

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

Tennis elbow elyob UK 12 June 1st 07 11:54 PM
"squashed tennis ball" rear hub? Eric Hill Techniques 2 July 25th 05 07:40 AM
Tennis Shoe Unicycles. Experience anyone? beelzebub of balance Unicycling 12 August 10th 04 07:32 AM
New to Unicycling gpickett00 Unicycling 12 February 27th 04 07:38 PM