What Kind of Person are you? - By Sport

Old June 28th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

Default What Kind of Person are you? - By Sport

There was a very interesting article in Israels leading paper yesterday
stating that the type of sport that you do reflects a lot about your
personality. Reaserch has shown that people who go to the Gym are
usually extroverts and are on the lookout to meet new friends. Swimmers
are on average more solitary and are looking for some quality time by
themselves without interruptions. Windsurfers, parasailers and hang
gliders are more apt to be entrapanuers. I was just wondering what
Unicycling or even the subbranches of unicycling are telling us about
ourselves?

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Det-riot

Unicorn wrote:
Swimmers are on average more solitary and are looking for some quality
time by themselves without interruptions.

while the time you get to reflect on your day is great during swimming,
im not a solitary person and all my friends that are swimmers are very
outgoing

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
DUDE!!!

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

We're nerds.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

johnfoss wrote:
We're nerds.

Definitely nerds. Solitary(ish) by nature but also enjoying the
occasional get-together/ride with other nerds.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle nut

johnfoss wrote:
We're nerds.

Agreed. We are nerds that have ADD(attention deficit disorder).

--
unicycle nut
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

unicycle nut wrote:
Agreed. We are nerds that have ADD(attention deficit disorder).

Speak for yourse...hey what's that over there??

--
unisk8r
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

ooh a bunny! what were we talking about?

--
kerosian

I used to get high on life, until I built up a tolerance, so now I
unicycle.
KH24 - Lovin' It!
http://www.usenet.com
Old June 28th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beaver1

unicycle nut wrote:
Agreed. We are nerds that have ADD(attention deficit disorder).

Ooh, look, a bird...
I can totally see sport choice reflecting a person though; it takes a
special breed to sit diligently on a unicycle for up to 10 hours just
to learn how to not fall off. Then, another ~insert number~
hours to become decent enough to attempt muni or trials/street. All I
can say, patience and too much spare time.

--
Beaver1
http://www.usenet.com

Old June 28th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oddsends

johnfoss wrote:
We're nerds.

+5