Clydesdale Riding<-- What's that???

Old July 8th 03, 01:06 AM
Penny S.

Default Clydesdale Riding<-- What's that???

Snyperx thoughtfully penned:
I am just getting back into riding after a long hiatous and was wonder
what kind fo riding is Clydesdale Riding??? I have been shopping for
some new Rims and I saw a few that were suited for this kind fo
riding. Anyone care to explain? Thanks.

Snyperx

www.ridephat.com

might help

Old July 8th 03, 05:42 AM
Westie

"Snyperx" wrote in message
I am just getting back into riding after a long hiatous and was wonder
what kind fo riding is Clydesdale Riding??? I have been shopping for
some new Rims and I saw a few that were suited for this kind fo riding.
Anyone care to explain? Thanks.

Snyperx

If you weigh in at 200 pounds or more, you are affectionately referred to as
being a 'Clydesdale' (And if by some chance you don't know what a Clydesdale
is, it is a very large solid breed of horse). Consequently it helps if,
amongst other things, your rims are built strong enough to handle 200 pounds
swinging around on top of it. Many of the 'lightweight' components and
frames that you find on bikes these days will have a very short lifespan if
you weigh a bit more than 200 pounds.
--
Westie
-He who can be a Clydesdale one day, a thoroughbred the next-

Old July 8th 03, 11:56 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 16:42:18 +1200, "Westie"
wrote:

If you weigh in at 200 pounds or more, you are affectionately referred to as
being a 'Clydesdale' (And if by some chance you don't know what a Clydesdale
is, it is a very large solid breed of horse). Consequently it helps if,
amongst other things, your rims are built strong enough to handle 200 pounds
swinging around on top of it. Many of the 'lightweight' components and
frames that you find on bikes these days will have a very short lifespan if
you weigh a bit more than 200 pounds.

It also helps if you can ride. G

A Clydesdale is a 200+ pound person who can hold his own on the trail
or road. A 200+ pound person who can't ride well is simply a "fat guy
on a bike".

Barry (6'1" 230)

Old July 8th 03, 02:52 PM
Phil.Winterbourne

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote:

[snip]

It also helps if you can ride. G

A Clydesdale is a 200+ pound person who can hold his own on the trail

Sounds a bit risky to me however much you weigh. Good trick though :-)

Phil
(225 lb 6'1)
Old July 8th 03, 05:34 PM
Craig Brossman

"Technician" wrote in message
. ..
Sure, for somebody that is 5', 200 lbs would be on the fat side. but for
6'3", 200 lbs is on the underweight side.
--
~Travis

He's done it again.

--
Craig (6'2" and 175 lbs) Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove .nospam. if replying)

Old July 8th 03, 05:58 PM
Andrew Thorne

"Technician" wrote in message
Sure, for somebody that is 5', 200 lbs would be on the fat side. but for
6'3", 200 lbs is on the underweight side.
--
~Travis

He's done it again.

He should check out:
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.htm

Let's see: 6'3", 200# yields a BMI of 25, just over the line into "overweight".
To be "underweight" at that height would be 148 lbs or less.

Cheers,

-Andrew "needs to drop a few himself" Thorne
Old July 8th 03, 06:23 PM
Bob M

On 08 Jul 2003 16:58:43 GMT, Andrew Thorne
wrote:

"Technician" wrote in message
. ..
Sure, for somebody that is 5', 200 lbs would be on the fat side. but
for
6'3", 200 lbs is on the underweight side.
--
~Travis

He's done it again.

He should check out:
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.htm

Let's see: 6'3", 200# yields a BMI of 25, just over the line into
"overweight".
To be "underweight" at that height would be 148 lbs or less.

Cheers,

-Andrew "needs to drop a few himself" Thorne

But BMI is BS. It's based on a mythical person. I've ALWAYS been
overweight as per BMI. The lowest I've weighed since high school is about
165, which is about 25 and overweight as per BMI. Buy my thighs are 22+
inches in circumference, my chest about 50 inches in circumference, and my
arms about 13.5 inches (unflexed) in circumference. I was a bodybuilder
when I was younger, and I'm still built even though I don't lift weights
now due to injuries. BMI doesn't take muscle mass into account. How could
you be a male at 6'3" and be 148 pounds? That's freaking obscenely thin!
They need to put some data for normal, more muscular people in here.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply