Someone should make a side lift handle

Old June 8th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Someone should make a side lift handle

If I ever got the necessary supplies I would. I have a hard time holding
the seat while doing sif trials. That's actually the deciding reason of
why I don't do sif as much as I would. Has anybody ever seen a home
made one. Do you think it'd even be possible? Have you ever thought of
making one?

--
unicycle2280
unicycle2280's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11232

Old June 8th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

a piece of plastic or rubber tubing is more than sufficient. slide it
over the lip o the saddle to produce a nice curvey handle holder
doofer.
only really needed for carbon fibre bases (the have much finer edges).
have you tried using a different saddle? Kh Fusion (the new low profile
version) are nice for sif and same with the UDC or Koxx-one gel saddles

--
muzzle

sig.
muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458

Old June 8th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've gone through a few saddles. My latest one being the udc (now
nimbus) gel saddle and I don't really like it either.

Old June 8th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

you can get sif trials grips on a scott wallis de-rail base. they work
great...considering 98% of the time i'm riding with my seat out in
front of me.

--
TrialsUni
TrialsUni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7986

Old June 8th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Can you tell me where to get one?

Old June 8th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

use the search. its in a thread somewhere...

--
mornish

UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO

"LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
"CX seats are bricks."

Old June 8th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unicycle2280 wrote:
Can you tell me where to get one?

'Wallis Design muni page' (http://www.wallisdesign.com/MuniPage.html)
And more product info 'here'
(http://www.wallisdesign.com/HANDLEpics.html)
Just be aware that it's going to be on the expensive side compared to
other seats.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)
BOSE Sucks! Buy Other Stereo Equipment

Old June 8th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

john_childs wrote:
'Wallis Design muni page' (http://www.wallisdesign.com/MuniPage.html)
And more product info 'here'
(http://www.wallisdesign.com/HANDLEpics.html)
Just be aware that it's going to be on the expensive side compared to
other seats.

thanks john!

yeah, it's a bit expensive, but worth it...i went through a regular
seat, so i decided to go carbon, instead of going through more
regular/stock seats.

Old June 8th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah, i'd say that it's worth every cent. i busted 2 kh saddles (one
fusion, on standard) and then bought the CF. I'd get a scott wallis if
it werent for the high shipping fees getting things to NZ

Old June 8th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

i think a viscount has a great feel seat out. but the wallis seat is
probably much better.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.