Schlumpf 36er crank arms?

Old October 12th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Daytripper63

Default Schlumpf 36er crank arms?

Anyone here with a schumplf 36 Guni, what length crank arms do you find
being optimum length...

Thanks

--
Daytripper63
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 12th 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

I have a 36er geared to 54 with a Harper hub. I'm pretty happy using
152s.

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

http://www.usenet.com
Old October 12th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
siafirede

I tried a geared 36 (harper hub) with 150s and it seemed like a pretty
good size. Hans Fiby had (it got stolen) a schlumpf 36 and used 170mm
cranks which seemed to fit him pretty well.

If I were to have a geared 36 I would probably start with 150s and then
mess around with the next longest crank size and the next smallest
crank size to see which one gave me the most controlled and comfortable
fast average speed.

--
siafirede

James = my name
'This' (http://www.myspace.com/clawsout) = my myspace

Pump Air Not Gas
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 12th 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

A schlumpf 36??? How fast are you going???? BTW I am 5'8" and have a
n36. I tried 170's for control and literally could hardly reach the
pedal on the down stroke.

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old October 12th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

A geared 36er is great! It's not so much about top speed, but about
going fast more comfortably, and maintaining a higher average speed.

to go 15+ mph on a regular 36er, you have to spin like mad, but on a
geared up 36er it's much more casual. It's very noticeable when going
down a mild slope. You almost don't notice how fast you're going.

Less saddle-soreness too!

Old October 12th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Daytripper63

I am thinking 152s but I recall someone saying when geared, pedaling
becomes mashing and I was wondering if people are running 160s maybe
I have been waiting a while for the hub and it is finally being put
together and hopefully I will have it in a week or two.
Schlumpf hub
Air foil rim
14ga stainless spokes
Nimbus 36 frame
T-7 handle
KH rail adapt seatpost
KH seat
Waiting is the hardest part!

--
Daytripper63
http://www.usenet.com

Old October 13th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

mscalisi wrote:
Who has the other Harper hubbed 36er nowdays?

Last I heard, Ryan Atkins had it. That was a long time ago, though.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

http://www.usenet.com

crank arms rem48 Unicycling 15 August 13th 07 08:25 AM
Coker, Schlumpf 29er, or Schlumpf 36er siafirede Unicycling 9 November 11th 05 11:37 PM
WTB: Cheap 180mm crank arms to try before I buy longer crank Llatikcuf Marketplace 0 August 30th 05 11:59 PM
FS: 172.5 crank arms John Mayfield Marketplace 1 August 1st 05 10:09 PM
WTB Campy Triple Crank 30-40-50 w 170 crank arms Alan Marketplace 0 March 21st 05 01:47 AM