A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Mountain Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Is Mountain Biking Healthful Exercise?

Old January 14th 13, 03:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Is Mountain Biking Healthful Exercise?

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:36:51 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:09:53 PM UTC-8, wrote:

Your responses are an ever-increasing testament of your complete ignorance of mountain biking. Maintaining awareness beyond the "trail in front of their front tire" is an essential part of mountain biking.

Explain WHY. (Hint: you CAN'T, because it isn't true.)

I have explained why. I gave three good practical examples. You shied away from two of them, made a feeble attempt at responding to the other and then, again, ran away from my replies. I showed you two sources from refereed journals. I made a recommendation to review a textbook, suggested you consult materials you used when acquiring your degree, and now I have invited you to provide a counter reference.

If you still need an explanation, then go back through our conversation and respond to the explanations and examples you ignored. If you can provide *evidence* of why I'm wrong, then I'll give you an explanation. Until then, I'm not willing to reward your chronic laziness and short attention span.

At this point, I have contributed FAR more than you have to this conversation, and it's your turn.

Cat got your tongue? Tell the world exactly WHY you are afraid to use your real name! (HINT: you are too much of a COWARD to do so. Go ahead, change the subject again.)

Change the subject? When did the "subject" become my name?

The subject, obviously, is vampires. We've been talking about vampires since you brought them up on Tuesday. I think you were about to explain to me what happens when you put salt on one.

Ads
Old January 14th 13, 05:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

The subject, obviously, is vampires. We've been talking about vampires since you brought them up on Tuesday. I think you were about to explain to me what happens when you put salt on one.

I'd like to know the answer to this one too ... a new one on me !
Old January 15th 13, 02:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, January 14, 2013 7:18:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Your responses are an ever-increasing testament of your complete ignorance of mountain biking. Maintaining awareness beyond the "trail in front of their front tire" is an essential part of mountain biking.

Explain WHY. (Hint: you CAN'T, because it isn't true.) You haven't explained it.

When I asked you what your name is, long ago. What are you afraid of? Anyone who won't give his real name is an obvious liar.
Old January 15th 13, 04:11 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Tom $herman
external usenet poster

On 1/13/2013 10:42 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:
Your only "skill" is name-calling. You apparently can't tell the truth about ANYTHING, even your own name!!! What a sad excuse for a human being you are.

I am looking to use a HANDSAW as a weapon, as well as to cut down trees
to make a tree fort. What model do you recommend?

--
Tom $herman
Old January 15th 13, 05:50 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade
external usenet poster

Explain WHY. (Hint: you CAN'T, because it isn't true.) You haven't explained it.

Because, if you focus only on the trail in front of your front tyre you will not see obstacles ahead and then, yes, you will crash. You need to look at where you will be ... not where you are. This is also true of driving.

When I asked you what your name is, long ago. What are you afraid of? Anyone who won't give his real name is an obvious liar.

Explain WHY. There are many reasons someone may quite validly wish to maintain their anonymity.
Old January 15th 13, 01:33 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, January 14, 2013 9:33:37 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Monday, January 14, 2013 7:18:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:

The fact that your substandard Berkeley education didn't provide you with the mental capacity to grasp the basic physiology of the human optic system isn't my problem. Read the documents I suggested, or quit pouting about it.

If you still need an explanation, then go back through our conversation and respond to the explanations and examples you ignored. If you can provide *evidence* of why I'm wrong, then I'll give you an explanation. Until then, I'm not willing to reward your chronic laziness and short attention span.

Why did you snip off the question about vampires? I'd LOVE to hear someone with a world-class education from Harvard and Berkeley explain what happens when you put salt on one.

Old January 15th 13, 11:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:33:41 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Monday, January 14, 2013 9:33:37 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote: On Monday, January 14, 2013 7:18:39 AM UTC-8, wrote: Your responses are an ever-increasing testament of your complete ignorance of mountain biking. Maintaining awareness beyond the "trail in front of their front tire" is an essential part of mountain biking. Explain WHY. (Hint: you CAN'T, because it isn't true.) You haven't explained it. The fact that your substandard Berkeley education didn't provide you with the mental capacity to grasp the basic physiology of the human optic system isn't my problem.

It isn't the optic system that manages attention, dum dum. DUH! Mountain bikers are incapable of paying attention to anything in their peripheral vision -- as you well know but are too COWARDLY and DISHONEST to admit.

Read the documents I suggested, or quit pouting about it. If you still need an explanation, then go back through our conversation and respond to the explanations and examples you ignored. If you can provide *evidence* of why I'm wrong, then I'll give you an explanation. Until then, I'm not willing to reward your chronic laziness and short attention span. Change the subject? When did the "subject" become my name? When I asked you what your name is, long ago. What are you afraid of? Anyone who won't give his real name is an obvious liar. Why did you snip off the question about vampires? I'd LOVE to hear someone with a world-class education from Harvard and Berkeley explain what happens when you put salt on one.

Your unwillingness to answer any questions is duly noted -- by the whole world.
Old January 16th 13, 02:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:13:36 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:

It isn't the optic system that manages attention, dum dum. DUH! Mountain bikers are incapable of paying attention to anything in their peripheral vision -- as you well know but are too COWARDLY and DISHONEST to admit.

Tomato, tomato. I'm talking physiology; you're still wrestling with semantics.

Peripheral vision is an essential part of perception of self-motion. Doesn't matter how many times you deny it, you're still wrong, "Berkelery" Ph.D. and all.

Read the documents I suggested, or quit pouting about it. If you still need an explanation, then go back through our conversation and respond to the explanations and examples you ignored. If you can provide *evidence* of why I'm wrong, then I'll give you an explanation. Until then, I'm not willing to reward your chronic laziness and short attention span. Change the subject? When did the "subject" become my name? When I asked you what your name is, long ago. What are you afraid of? Anyone who won't give his real name is an obvious liar. Why did you snip off the question about vampires? I'd LOVE to hear someone with a world-class education from Harvard and Berkeley explain what happens when you put salt on one.

Your unwillingness to answer any questions about vampires is duly noted as well.

Old January 16th 13, 04:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:05:59 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:13:36 PM UTC-5, Mike Vandeman wrote:

Tomato, tomato. I'm talking physiology; you're still wrestling with semantics.

BS. The topic is whether mountain bikers are "enjoying nature". They aren't.. It's physically impossible.

Peripheral vision is an essential part of perception of self-motion. Doesn't matter how many times you deny it, you're still wrong, "Berkelery" Ph.D.. and all.

We aren't talking about "perception of self-motion". We're taling about enjoyment of nature.

Your unwillingness to answer any questions about vampires is duly noted as well.

I don't claim to know anything about them, only blood-sucking mountain bikers.