Get off the ROAD!!! (Another bike commuting story)

Old July 17th 04, 10:24 PM
Tom Keats

Default Get off the ROAD!!! (Another bike commuting story)

In article q53Kc.44285$Mr4.10918@pd7tw1no,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message ...

Wouldn't you be tempted to stop and
sample the local fare? Or would that clash with all that
scientific nutrient stuff that you like so much?

I have no idea, you see at my level of cycling my
directeur sportif and soigneur make all those kinds
of plans.

Somedays I almost envy you common types, almost.

It's nice to not need anyone's permission to go anywhere
or do anything.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old July 18th 04, 12:12 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Tom Keats" wrote in message ...

It's nice to not need anyone's permission to go anywhere
or do anything.

Maybe so Tom, but doing so will cause you to lose
sight of what cycling is all about.

You must turn the pedals, and leave making decisions and
thinking about things up to others.

Old July 18th 04, 03:28 AM
Hijo de la Changa

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message

You must turn the pedals,

TURN them, you say!!!

Damn. THAT's what I've been doing wrong...

Old July 18th 04, 04:58 AM
dreaded

"Tom Keats" wrote in message

It's nice to not need anyone's permission to go anywhere
or do anything.

Maybe so Tom, but doing so will cause you to lose
sight of what cycling is all about.

You must turn the pedals, and leave making decisions and
thinking about things up to others.

Do you mean like your mistress? ...kinky!
-a

Old July 18th 04, 06:57 PM
Mike Latondresse

"dreaded" wrote in news:cdcses$2nq$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message

It's nice to not need anyone's permission to go anywhere
or do anything.

Maybe so Tom, but doing so will cause you to lose
sight of what cycling is all about.

You must turn the pedals, and leave making decisions and
thinking about things up to others.

Do you mean like your mistress? ...kinky!
-a

Mistress?? You mean he finally got together with the real estate
lady? I don't believe it.
Old July 18th 04, 10:17 PM
Tom Keats

In article iniKc.50034$ek5.44342@pd7tw2no,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

You must turn the pedals, and leave making decisions and
thinking about things up to others.

Such as your directeur sportif and soigneur?

Say -- isn't a soigneur a guy with an accent, who stucatto-ly
repeats: "... and one and two and three and four ..." while
people practice ballet on the barre?

I dunno, man. 't sure ain't my cuppa tea, bein' trained
like some kinda dressage horse.

cheers,
Tom

Old July 19th 04, 12:13 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Tom Keats" ...
Say -- isn't a soigneur a guy with an accent, who stucatto-ly
repeats: "... and one and two and three and four ..." while
people practice ballet on the barre?

Tom, you don't get out of North America very often,
do you?

Old July 20th 04, 06:03 AM
Tom Keats

In article kuDKc.56880$ek5.55387@pd7tw2no,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" writes:

"Tom Keats" ...
Say -- isn't a soigneur a guy with an accent, who stucatto-ly
repeats: "... and one and two and three and four ..." while
people practice ballet on the barre?

Tom, you don't get out of North America very often,
do you?

I'm just a born 'n bred East Ender. The rest of the
world comes here, so I don't have to go anywhere.

Except Iceland. And that's a sort of personal quest.

Anyhow, I got a good workout today. Got called up by
Labour Ready to go work in some cannery in the Port,
on Commissioner Street. Rode to the Labour Ready office
at Broadway & Commercial, and then the job site. The
Victoria St. entrance looked severely blocked/gated off,
so I rode up Wall St to New Brighton Park, cut through there
to Commissioner St, and doubled back. Got carded at
Checkpoint Charlie, but they let me in anyway, along with a
bunch of semis. My clothes now smell like skate and orange
ruffie. The haul back to the office to get my cheque after
work was the worst. My gams were mush. I found out later I
could have pushed open a pedestrian gate, and bee-lined in
there without any post-9/11 hassle.

Maybe I /should/ get out of North America. But it's sure
hard to ride after a hard day's [real] work.

cheers,
Tom