Short muni movie - Mt Cootha group ride...

Old April 23rd 05, 04:24 AM
andrew_carter

Default Short muni movie - Mt Cootha group ride...

I've made another little muni movie. This one's fun to watch, at least
for me, because there are a few different riders and you can hear all
the group cheering and generally having a good time.

http://tinyurl.com/9996v

The video is 1min55sec and about 13MB.

I've got over 10 minutes of the better selection of muni clips to work
with now so I think it's almost time to make another big movie. It will
be like my 8 minute long trials movie but this will be almost all muni.
Actually maybe I should make it completely muni...there aren't enough
like that these days. What do you think?

Andrew

| Attachment filename: compilation_mt_cootha_group.sized.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/302451|

andrew_carter - Learning to unicycle...

*http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew*
http://www.unicycles.com.au
unicycling tips and tutorials - http://www.unicycle.2ya.com
*'my big movie (51mb, divx)' (http://tinyurl.com/4bxdl)*

Old April 23rd 05, 04:50 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

Love the drop.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old April 23rd 05, 04:51 AM
Unitik908

You and you crazy ausies, sweet video.. that drop at the end was really
weird, i thouhgt it was like 10 feet and then when you fell the first
time it was like 4... weird

Chase

--
Unitik908 - Level 5

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...

R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat

Old April 23rd 05, 05:23 AM
andrew_carter

Unitik908 wrote:
*i thouhgt it was like 10 feet and then when you fell the first time
it was like 4... weird*

Yeah, I guess that's because the 0.3x wide angle lens was attached at
the time.

I wish there were some drops like that one but bigger near here but I
haven't found any. Actually there are some out 40 minutes drive away.
I'll go riding there next weekend maybe.

Andrew

Old April 25th 05, 06:23 AM
Klaas Bil

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:24:50 -0500, "andrew_carter" wrote:

I think it's almost time to make another big movie. It will
be like my 8 minute long trials movie but this will be almost all muni.
Actually maybe I should make it completely muni...there aren't enough
like that these days. What do you think?

Your MUni clips are lovely and another film on mainly or exclusively
MUni would be great. Whether it's 90% or 100% MUni wouldn't matter
really much for me, but 100% is the clearest on "This is a MUni film
folks". Looking forward.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the 0.3x wide lens effect. It surely
can have its place if used sparingly, or when you can't stand back
enough to oversee a whole line. But it makes it difficult to
appreciate the terrain. Everything seems to look larger than it
actually is, so you watch it 'with a grain of salt'.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"When it comes to the family jewels, you won't be having fun until they're having fun. - Jake D"

Old April 25th 05, 11:29 AM
andrew_carter

Klaas Bil wrote:
*Personally, I'm not a big fan of the 0.3x wide lens effect. It
surely
can have its place if used sparingly, or when you can't stand back
enough to oversee a whole line. But it makes it difficult to
appreciate the terrain. Everything seems to look larger than it
actually is, so you watch it 'with a grain of salt'.*

Ideally I'd like a 0.5x lens which I think is a nice compromise. I
think in most of the shots that I filmed there's not so much of an
exaggeration. It's mainly those ones where the cameraman sits right at
the bottom (or top) of a drop so the rider initially looks really tiny
in comparison. I'll definitely keep all this in mind, thanks.

Andrew

Old April 25th 05, 02:53 PM
drewation

i so want to move to autralia now and get a accent thatle do asome
video

--
drewation - team YAMS member

'SUNIC home page' (http://www.sunic.s5.com)