Serotta Legend Ti w/DuraAce triple?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 14th 04, 03:12 AM
Dave Beal

Default Serotta Legend Ti w/DuraAce triple?

I'm considering ordering a Serotta Legend Ti (maybe the ST), and I'd
like to put a 9 speed DuraAce triple on it. The dealer didn't bat an
eye when I talked to him about this, but then I searched this
newsgroup and found Peter Chisholm's post saying that this won't work
because the Legend seat tube is so fat that the front der cage won't
move far enough inward to get the chain onto the small ring.

I have great respect for Peter's expertise, but I'm curious why I
can't find any other references to this problem on the Internet. Has
anyone successfully put a DuraAce triple on a Legend? Thanks.

- Dave Beal
Longmont, CO