Rasmussen

Old July 24th 05, 01:57 AM
Texan

Default Rasmussen

Poetic justice. This 60kg turkey has been sucking on Lance's wheel for the
past 19 days, doing absolutely no work. But when he finds himself in the
"Race of Truth" he reveals himself as a joke. Jan is back in his rightful
position.

Old July 24th 05, 02:04 AM
dave

Texan wrote:
Poetic justice. This 60kg turkey has been sucking on Lance's wheel for the
past 19 days, doing absolutely no work. But when he finds himself in the
"Race of Truth" he reveals himself as a joke. Jan is back in his rightful
position.

Harsh
Damm harsh actually. WOuldnt wish a day like that on my worst enemy.
Old July 24th 05, 02:50 AM
BrettM

dave wrote in
:

Texan wrote:
Poetic justice. This 60kg turkey has been sucking on Lance's wheel
for the past 19 days, doing absolutely no work. But when he finds
himself in the "Race of Truth" he reveals himself as a joke. Jan is
back in his rightful position.

Harsh
Damm harsh actually. WOuldnt wish a day like that on my worst enemy.

Strange, I thought he staged a long breakaway in an early mountain stage
giving him a stage win and the KOM jersey and since then Lance hasn't
let him get away (since he was too close in overall time)

'til last night he'd rode really well but I think inexperience wiped him
out. I guessing but I think since he knew he was weak in the time trial
he tried too hard to defend his podium place.

After two crashes and 4 bikes; I think he did pretty well to still beat
half the filed (home in 73rd). It takes a lot of guts to keep pushing
that hard, he still managed to remain above Cadel who had rode a PB.

But what the heck would I know, I don't do time trials (ever). I need
to suck wheels to make it to the line.

Cheers

BrettM
Old July 24th 05, 02:51 AM
till!

dave Wrote:
Hars
Damm harsh actually. WOuldnt wish a day like that on my worst enemy.

Haha, lets feed the trolls ... Lance is the biggest wheelsucker out
his team drag him around all the time

til

--
till!

Old July 24th 05, 02:55 AM
roshea

Seemed to me that he was returning to his MTB roots and heading
off-road.

Old July 24th 05, 03:24 AM
TimC

On 2005-07-24, dave (aka Bruce)
Texan wrote:
Poetic justice. This 60kg turkey has been sucking on Lance's wheel for the
past 19 days, doing absolutely no work. But when he finds himself in the
"Race of Truth" he reveals himself as a joke. Jan is back in his rightful
position.

Harsh
Damm harsh actually. WOuldnt wish a day like that on my worst enemy.

Our Minessotan friend hasn't moved to Texas, has he?

--
TimC
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'" -THHGTTG
Old July 24th 05, 03:26 AM
dave

BrettM wrote:
dave wrote in
:

Texan wrote:

[...]

Yeah he deserved better.. which was my point..
Old July 24th 05, 03:54 AM
ProfTournesol

dave Wrote:
Texan wrote:
Poetic justice. This 60kg turkey has been sucking on Lance's whee

for the
past 19 days, doing absolutely no work. But when he finds himself i

the
"Race of Truth" he reveals himself as a joke. Jan is back in hi

rightful
position.

Harsh
Damm harsh actually. WOuldnt wish a day like that on my worst enemy.

it seems such a technical course that many rides like Mikael would hav
been better off on road bikes not TT bikes. he seems such a rigi
perfectionist though that as he got more anxious he was less able t
tolerate imperfection in himself or in his bike. As soon as he got ont
his second bike he was immediately asking for another one

--
ProfTournesol

Old July 24th 05, 04:45 AM
DaveB

ProfTournesol wrote:

it seems such a technical course that many rides like Mikael would have
been better off on road bikes not TT bikes. he seems such a rigid
perfectionist though that as he got more anxious he was less able to
tolerate imperfection in himself or in his bike. As soon as he got onto
his second bike he was immediately asking for another one.

I was wondering at the time how much of the bike swapping was for
mechanical problems and how much was just his mind playing tricks. He
just seemed to lose the plot there for a while.

DaveB

Old July 24th 05, 05:40 AM
MikeyOz

DaveB Wrote:
ProfTournesol wrote

it seems such a technical course that many rides like Mikael woul

hav
been better off on road bikes not TT bikes. he seems such a rigi
perfectionist though that as he got more anxious he was less able t
tolerate imperfection in himself or in his bike. As soon as he go

ont
his second bike he was immediately asking for another one

I was wondering at the time how much of the bike swapping was fo
mechanical problems and how much was just his mind playing tricks. H
just seemed to lose the plot there for a while

DaveB

it was at once, both extremely amusing and I also felt for hi
badly.... mixed feelings... in-experience, he was just trying to hard
where as guys like jan and lance it just looks second nature.....

anyway hes alright..... bit of skin scraped off, so i reckon it shoul
make funniest home videos next week, especially the 2nd off that h
just saved.

I missed the incident where a "rider" came around that really tigh
corner too fast the one with the wall in your face, apparently ther
was a dog asleep at that corner at the time which got a rude wake u
call.....! anybody see that ??

--
MikeyO

Michael Rasmussen Michael Racing 37 August 9th 05 03:25 AM
Rasmussen checks into clinic Callistus Valerius Racing 8 July 26th 05 09:55 AM
Poor Rasmussen TimC Australia 12 July 24th 05 10:03 AM
Rasmussen Thomas Lund Racing 9 July 17th 05 08:10 PM
Rasmussen and Virenque have attacked the descent Roberto Rogerio Mountain Biking 1 July 16th 04 07:24 PM