RR: Blackburn 1/20 ITT

Old September 26th 05, 01:31 AM
flyingdutch

Default RR: Blackburn 1/20 ITT

Jono L Wrote:
Sorry for not saying hello , I saw one poor little kid go about one
metre then clip out of his pedal a la Lance Armstrong.

With some of the Hawthorn TT's (which are now all cancelled) we used a
laptop and excel spreadsheet which automatically detracted a person's
start time from their gross time and everything worked out well, just a
thought.

Hey, Craigster. you ran this at the HCC ITTs. any chance you could
share this with Carl/Blackburn seeing as they help us so much with
stuff?
(EMP template, CBradios, etc)

cheers
Flying"Vote4Jason"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old September 26th 05, 01:54 AM
Bleve

flyingdutch wrote:
Jono L Wrote:
Sorry for not saying hello , I saw one poor little kid go about one
metre then clip out of his pedal a la Lance Armstrong.

With some of the Hawthorn TT's (which are now all cancelled) we used a
laptop and excel spreadsheet which automatically detracted a person's
start time from their gross time and everything worked out well, just a
thought.

Hey, Craigster. you ran this at the HCC ITTs. any chance you could
share this with Carl/Blackburn seeing as they help us so much with
stuff?
(EMP template, CBradios, etc)

Irony time. Normally that's how BBN have done it. But, Alan was
away on holiday and it's his laptop. CB radios
don't work at the 1:20, not from the start to the
finish anyway. There's too much hill between them

Old September 26th 05, 02:19 AM
HUMBUG

On 26/09/05 at 10:54:08 Bleve somehow managed to type:

snip

away on holiday and it's his laptop. CB radios
don't work at the 1:20, not from the start to the
finish anyway. There's too much hill between them

Perhaps get onto your local amateur radio (HAM) club. There's a listing
at http://www.wia.org.au/info/clubs.php#vk3 . There's a few cycling
radio amateurs around who'd be happy to help out.

You could also give WICEN at http://www.vic.wicen.org.au a try. That
web site is slow - could be an old 1200/75 accoustic coupler... Perhaps
send me an e-blast to (desalinate for
e-mail).

--
Humbug
Old September 26th 05, 02:29 AM
Bleve

HUMBUG wrote:
On 26/09/05 at 10:54:08 Bleve somehow managed to type:

snip

away on holiday and it's his laptop. CB radios
don't work at the 1:20, not from the start to the
finish anyway. There's too much hill between them

Perhaps get onto your local amateur radio (HAM) club. There's a listing
at http://www.wia.org.au/info/clubs.php#vk3 . There's a few cycling
radio amateurs around who'd be happy to help out.

I think we use them for the DeBortoli (see my previous comments
re using everyone for the one big event ...)

Old September 26th 05, 05:20 AM
craigster_jd

flyingdutch Wrote:
Hey, Craigster. you ran this at the HCC ITTs. any chance you could share
this with Carl/Blackburn seeing as they help us so much with stuff?
(EMP template, CBradios, etc)

cheers
Flying"Vote4Jason"Dutch

Sure, although I'll have to check on the spreadsheet because I belive
it's copyrighted. I could always write them one for a small consulting
fee...

Of course you don't really need the spreadsheet at all - just
synchronise 2 semi-accurate watches, send one to the finish line, then
set the riders off at the agreed time. Provided no-one stuffs up and
misses their allocated start time it should be easy to subtract start
from finish to produce net time.

Sounds simple but I sympathise with whoever was running the BBN one
because those two TT's I looked after were enough stress to give me
sleepless nights beforehand.

Cheers,
Craigster.

--
craigster_jd

Old September 26th 05, 05:57 AM
Bleve

craigster_jd wrote:

Of course you don't really need the spreadsheet at all - just
synchronise 2 semi-accurate watches, send one to the finish line, then
set the riders off at the agreed time. Provided no-one stuffs up and
misses their allocated start time it should be easy to subtract start
from finish to produce net time.

Exactly, but the clock at the top broke!

RR: Blackburn 1/20 ITT gplama Australia 22 September 28th 05 10:47 AM
Euan, Blackburn Rd is still bad ghostgum Australia 15 September 6th 05 12:08 AM
Blackburn Outstanding Customer Service Frank Drackman General 2 June 15th 05 01:16 AM
Blackburn velodrome DaveB Australia 6 June 28th 04 12:37 PM
RR: Blackburn CC - METEC Crit 18-Mar-04 hippy Australia 5 March 22nd 04 12:30 PM