Rasmussen out

Old July 25th 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

Default Rasmussen out

Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts as
regards the missed tests....

Old July 25th 07, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
raisethe

On 25 Jul, 22:43, "wafflycat" wrote:
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts as
regards the missed tests....

Excellent!

Where did you get that from Wafflycat?

Old July 25th 07, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ekul Namsob

raisethe wrote:

On 25 Jul, 22:43, "wafflycat" wrote:
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts as
regards the missed tests....

Excellent!

Where did you get that from Wafflycat?

Possibly from
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/6916698.stm

I wonder why he claimed to be in Mexico when he was actually in Italy...

Cheers,
Luke

exile in Lancashire http://www.shrimper.org.uk
Old July 25th 07, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

"raisethe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 25 Jul, 22:43, "wafflycat" wrote:
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts
as
regards the missed tests....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ng/6916698.stm

Man, that's really really bad news.

Old July 25th 07, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message . com, raisethe
') wrote:

On 25 Jul, 22:43, "wafflycat" wrote:
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his
whereabouts as regards the missed tests....

Excellent!

Where did you get that from Wafflycat?

The BBC are reporting it. Cycling News are not, yet...

As for excellent, this is as bad as it gets. Now we have Contador (ex
Astana/Liberty Seguros/Sainz/Fuentes) in yellow. Where will this end?

;; First they came for the asylum seekers,
;; and I did not speak out because I was not an asylum seeker.
;; Then they came for the gypsies,
;; and I did not speak out because I was not a gypsy...
;; Pastor Martin Niemöller, translated by Michael Howard.
Old July 25th 07, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
D.M. Procida

Ekul Namsob wrote:

I wonder why he claimed to be in Mexico when he was actually in Italy...

An administrative error, no doubt.

Daniele
Old July 25th 07, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

D.M. Procida wrote:
Ekul Namsob wrote:

I wonder why he claimed to be in Mexico when he was actually in Italy...

An administrative error, no doubt.

These Latin countries are all much of a muchness and easily confused ;-)

Tony

Old July 26th 07, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Præthön

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts
as regards the missed tests....

Once again you have to question the timing. Rabobank have known about this
for some time. Why wait until Rasmussen is virtually guaranteed of winning
the tour before pulling the plug?

Old July 26th 07, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

Præthön wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message
Dropped by Rabobank. Apparently he lied to Rabobank about his whereabouts
as regards the missed tests....

Once again you have to question the timing. Rabobank have known about this
for some time. Why wait until Rasmussen is virtually guaranteed of winning
the tour before pulling the plug?

I notice that the BBC is now saying Astana were asked to withdraw
whereas early reporting implied it was the team's choice. Perhaps
Rabobank were leaned on too.

Whatever it is I feel sorry for the remaining field. Whoever wins it
will now be a hollow victory which is not what winning the TdeF should
be about.

OTOH I think in many ways the TdeF organisers have bought this on
themselves. For years they have tried to play the drug cheat card to
their advantage with all the games they played around Armstrong right up
to their triumphal announcements by L'Equipe (which is owned by the TdeF
organisers) last year of the discredited retrospective Armstrong tests
of the 1999 Tour. L'Equipe also seems to be hand in hand with LNDD on
the premature leaking and rumour mill of testing. As a trio the
organisers, L'Equipe and LNDD have been actively playing with fire which
is now coming back to burn them badly.

How many sponsors will want to come back for next year's Tour?

Tony

Rasmussen out Ewoud Dronkert Racing 70 July 27th 07 05:46 PM
Rasmussen now out too Tony Raven[_3_] UK 14 July 26th 07 10:37 PM
Rasmussen is out. Morten Reippuert Knudsen Racing 8 July 26th 07 04:55 AM
Rasmussen Texan Australia 29 August 1st 05 02:59 AM
Rasmussen Thomas Lund Racing 9 July 17th 05 08:10 PM